Author Topic: Rad Premium Light with 35A Controller  (Read 949 times)

travist06

• View Profile
Rad Premium Light with 35A Controller
« on: May 25, 2023, 12:11:27 PM »
I recently upgraded my RadRunner 2 with the Controller/Display combo from Electro Bike World. I have Rad's premium headlight but have seen mentioned elsewhere, that it can burn out the controller.

Can anyone please comment if the premium headlight works with the upgraded controller, or should I just use the stock headlight? Thanks in advance!

Tony

• View Profile
Re: Rad Premium Light with 35A Controller
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 03:46:28 PM »
My stock front light stopped working with the 35 amp controller and so did my tail light, but the rear flashing light and brake light still work.  35 amp controller still works fine. 

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 12:10:08 PM »
I've had no problems with the 35A controller I bought from Area13 in late 2021 for my 2021 MiniST2.  Nothing stopped working (both head and tail lights are fine), but I regard both the stock and "premium" headlights as next to useless, so I keep the "premium" one mounted as an emergency spare and put a Planet Bike light up on the handlebars.

However, I haven't heard of the controller-burnout issue and have occasionally turned on the "premium" headlight for extra daytime visibility a few times, but never for more than just a few minutes and I generally don't ride after dark.

So I don't think it'd blow up anything quickly, but for long-term use I hope to hear somebody else chime in.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 12:10:08 PM »