News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Which Rad Power Bike should you buy?

Started by Ryan, April 29, 2023, 04:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

We made this video a few weeks ago. Curious to get some feedback and also have this thread as a resource for those who are trying to decide which Rad Power Bike model to buy.

cobblestonerunner

If you are living in Europe, the clear answer to the question is
NONE!
Because Rad Power Bikes is fleeing off the European market at the end of 2023 and probably let their customers here standing in the rain with useless warranties...

avcomike

Ryan- why is so difficult/impossible to purchase replacement parts. I would like to update my RAD Mini S/T folding stem and handle bars to the RAD extend BMX style. Seems like RAD is reluctant sell these parts

Radio Runner

I?m very happy with my 2020 Rad Runner however at this point I would not buy any Rad products until this fiasco of lawsuits, tire recalls/warranties and bad battery design is dealt with.

Muskie1

I have a 2021 Mini 4 , took awhile to work out the initial problems.  I would not buy another Rad bike , competition is much stronger now and there are better built bikes available at significantly lower prices.

Water Doc

We have 2 Mini's and a RR+,  now my wife is considering a RR+ for her daily rides after riding mine for a week (I ordered new from Amazon tires for it).  We total 7000 miles a year on our bikes and have very few problems that I can not handle myself.  These bikes are a lot different than the old peddle bikes we rode back in the 1950's and need some attention to keep them running good. The folding Mini's are awesome for our RV travel adventures.  It is interesting that the range on the RR+ is significantly better than the other two bikes. I do think Rad could do us all a favor if they shared part numbers that they install so we could look for scarce parts replacement parts from other vendors when Rad is out of what we need.  The best upgrade I have made is the hydraulic calipers that I purchased from Area 13. 
Dennis
RadMini4 and RR+

oldtexasdog

I would much rather laud Rad's bikes and brag about mine than cry about my purchase. My Rad City5+ I bought 2 months ago has been in the shop for 7 weeks now and still does not work. First error 21 and now after a new controller (thanks Rad) I have error 30.

mrgold35

Just purchased a Radcity 5 Plus for the wife at the end of June/23.  Only put 16 miles on it before the controller stopped sending power to the rear hub with PAS or throttle.  Able to get a replacement controller after trouble-shooting and sending iphone movies with Rad Chat.  Under a week to arrive and a real PITA to replace.  The new controller cables were too long and couldn't secure the two screws for the controller from the outside of the frame (couldn't line up the holes in the tight internal space near the pedals).  The new controller worked and back on the road again.