News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner 3 Plus Dual Kickstand

Started by nstiffle, April 11, 2023, 02:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

nstiffle

Hi! I am wondering if anyone here has successfully added a dual kickstand to the Radrunner 3 plus? Also wondering if anyone has successfully added aftermarket monkey/surround bars? I would be using it to haul one of our 3 children and I dont love the idea of a single kickstand for stability. Would love to hear from anyone if theyve upgraded either of these things for kid comfort and stability. I would also love to hear from you if youre happy with the single kickstand with a kid on the back. Note Im 5 foot6 and a slim build and not extremely strong just ok.  I am comfortable riding our 2 big kids on our Radwagon but do not love the bumpiness when the kids are on the bike and we get to the moment when we have roll over the kickstand :\ (the bike actually fell over on us once and everyone was fine. It hasnt happened again but I definitely dont want a repeat of that to terrify our kids for life!) Thank you to anyone who is able to share their experience!

Ddaybc

I noticed the kickstand mount when I saw a review of the RadRunner 3 Plus. I like the look and features of the bike a lot and a centre kickstand would be ideal. At the right price I would probably have bought it if it had been available when I bought my RW4.
Have you contacted Rad Customer Service to see if the RW4 kickstand would fit? It certainly looks like it would fit.

tige60

Just saw your post about dual kickstand for RadRunner 3 Plus and I too am wanting a dual kickstand for my soon-to-be-delivered RR3+. There might be any easy solution to this in that the Rad Power Bikes website sells kickstands, one of which (see attachment) is a dual kickstand that might be usable for on RR3+. It was used on the RR 1 & 2 but not on the RR+, but that might because the RR+ didn't have the frame hole/cutout req't to install the dual kickstand, BUT the RR3+ does have a frame hole/cutout that a dual kickstand could utilize. I'm gonna check with a technician at the local Rad Store here in Vancouver to see what they think about the dual kickstand they sell for my new RR3+ and will post again on how that turns out.

sugarcycle

Just trying to solve this myself.  I ordered two dual kickstands from amazon. Both failed due to interference with the frame or chain.

https://amzn.to/41adFZG
https://amzn.to/47ziYEr

In addition to this new RR3+, I also have a Rad Runner v1.0 with the built-in dual kickstand.  Pissed to have this RR 3 Plus lean sideways on the OEM side kickstand.  Such a miss for Rad Power's design.  I load the bike with kids, groceries or whatever all the time.  A side (single) kickstand doesn't cut it!

Can we compile a list of dual kickstands and determine which ones work / don't work?   Seems like that would be great way to harness the power of this forum!

Naranja_CT5+

I do not know why it?s not popular.
I kind of wished they bring back the old rear wheel stand. It looked like U-shape but more square-ish, spring loaded.you pull the bike frame backward and it stands straight.
In Canada it's called ehBike

RadBrad

My kickstand just blowup. Has anyone found a double kickstand that works?? -- The weight with the big basket is way too much for that little kickstand. Thanks in advance!!

koy

I am also web crawling to find ANYTHING that looks like it would work, everything is either a center hole mount (the RR3+ is a two hole setup) OR its labeled as not ok for fat-tire/e-bikes.

Really struggling to understand this shift in the bike's design, I don't drop my current kickstand ever without wondering if its going to hold. If you own one of these you know what I mean, they are top heavy!

If I land on a product that hit all the sweet spots I'll post here, but I don't have a lot of confidence. Why, RAD... just why???

Has anyone considered or tried this one...

https://amzn.to/3Gmqd6w