Author Topic: Did you upgrade your controller? Will you sell me your old one?  (Read 1324 times)

jared.suddaby

• View Profile
Hi. I live in Canada where we only get 500w controllers.
I?ve been thinking about upgrading to the aftermarket Bolton style controllers, but would love to try a US 750 watt controller first
I will be in Los Angeles/Anaheim for the last half of April. If anybody in that area has upgraded and would like to make a few bucks selling off their old controller please let me know.

inoxa

• View Profile
Re: Did you upgrade your controller? Will you sell me your old one?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 08:47:25 AM »
I see them for sale on eBay from time to time.  Unless you are concerned with customs, you might give eBay a try. 

DR-Montreal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 01:43:39 PM »
I would like to get a 750w (peak) controller as well. Can one not somehow order them direct from RadCycle in the US?

And I assume there is no easy fix to do this (as with the top speed limit), and you have to get the controller itself changed?

inoxa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 05:52:10 AM »
I'm sure you could get one from Rad sent to a US address.  But you will probably pay less from another company.  It is a relatively simply process to swap the controller out.  I bought the upgraded controller that unlocked a bunch of torque, but after I purchased an upgraded motor is when I really saw top end speed increase.  Doing so will drain the battery faster. 

DR-Montreal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 06:00:19 AM »
Really, my impression was that controller was a pain to replace hidden up above the battery; but yes it can be done.

inoxa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 05:17:54 AM »
It wasn't difficult but it had it's challenges...mostly pulling a wire or two through the frame.  It was 3 years ago.  I think it is more of a pain to remove the rear wheel than the controller.  I have a Rad Rover 5.  Maybe the newer models are different.

sprucemooose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 03:42:45 AM »
I have one for sale.  Send me a DM if you are still in need.

Thanks,
Brian

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum