News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRover 6 Plus Display

Started by jcvdd, March 16, 2023, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jcvdd

Hello-
After cycling over 6000 miles, the display on my RadRover 6 Plus reset back to 700 miles. As I'm out of warranty,
does anyone know how to reset the milage back to original correct mileage ? Thanks

Water Doc

It's a major flaw in the controller,  if you shut your bike off with the key instead of the switch you risk losing your mileage settings.  There is no way to recover your actual mileage,  Its a shame Rad continues to use and sell this display when there are better ones available.  Many e-bike companies install better displays which are even color.
Dennis
RadMini4 and RR+

Jay West

AS I understand this the display is based on kilometers.  10,000 kilometers = 6213.712 miles.  When you get 6213.712 miles on the display the odometer automatically resets to zero.  My original Rad City 3 did this.  I don't believe there is anything wrong with your bike.

Tree

Quote from: Water Doc on April 01, 2023, 08:06:04 AM
It's a major flaw in the controller,  if you shut your bike off with the key instead of the switch you risk losing your mileage settings.  There is no way to recover your actual mileage,  Its a shame Rad continues to use and sell this display when there are better ones available.  Many e-bike companies install better displays which are even color.

not in the case of the RR6+ - there's no key shut off. the key is simply to remove the battery. everything else is push button start.

rjp

The Kilometer rest set is not true. My Rad reset to zero at 9998 miles. I know because I was going to take a picture of my screen at 9999 miles but when it got to 9998 it rest to zero. It must not be able to have a 4 digit 9 numeral. I was bummed out that I didn't get my picture of 9999 miles on my screen. Oh well, I started over form zero. Anyone want to buy a low mile 2021 Rad Rover ST1 :D 

Tony

Wow, good mileage. Getting your money?s worth out of that bike.

Jay West

My Rad City 3 reset twice exactly at 6213 miles, again at 6213 miles on the way to 14,000 miles.  Great bike.