News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New RadRover 6 Plus Owner

Started by nerdboyjoe, March 11, 2023, 06:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

nerdboyjoe

Hi Everyone! New forum member and new RadPower bike owner here. I bought a RadRover 6 Plus at the Vancouver stores  Garage Sale about two weeks ago. I freaking love it so far! I have already racked up about 300 KM of riding so far. Cannot get enough. I am using it for all kinds of errands in my neighborhood in Burnaby, BC, Canada. There are several shops within 5-7 KM of my home. My car is getting jealous!

My question is, what is everyones favourite accessory? I bought the rack and the small basket from RadPower. I love both. I wanted to get the large basket, but it has been out of stock for awhile. I also got the Hafny bar end mirror (love it) and a cell phone holder (cannot remember the brand).

rjp

inoxa

I had a large basket and it was too big.  I rarely filled it.  It was also in the way of the seat so my post wouldn't spring in to action.  You can mount it sideways but I wasn't interested in that.  I personally would stick with the small basket. 

JimInPT

I've tweaked and added quite a few things to my MiniST2, some trivial, some major.  I'd say the biggest and best would be the 35A controller upgrade from Area13, closely followed by a Redshift seat-suspension post and the Area13 hybrid mechanical-hydraulic brake calipers.  But even the $13 much-louder mechanical bell to supplement the feeble factory dinger is very worthwhile, as are the mirrors etc.

I sort of went nuts over the last couple years accessorizing, but each had a reason to buy and a purpose to exist on the bike.

And howdy to the newbie from a fellow nerd.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

JimInPT

Quote from: inoxa on March 12, 2023, 09:42:34 AM
I had a large basket and it was too big.  I rarely filled it.  It was also in the way of the seat so my post wouldn't spring in to action.  You can mount it sideways but I wasn't interested in that.  I personally would stick with the small basket.

I agree with you; the small basket works 95% of the time for me and I can work around the other 5% with bungees and a cargo net.  Additionally, mounting the large basket on a folding Rad keeps it from folding up all the way.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Goosecreek

Phone mount and and rear  rack with a topcase.

Radio Runner

Number 1 here was fenders since mine didn?t come with any. Number 2 is a 2nd battery and charger.

Deb.seal

Wondering about Hafny mirror. From Amazon? Which one did you get?