News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Hydraulic Rear Brake Clicking

Started by martybhawk, March 11, 2023, 08:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

martybhawk

I have City 5 Plus but this would probably apply to all hydraulic rear brakes.  Have had bike 1 1/2 years with no problems.  Rear brake just started making a clicking sound when applying hard full brake.  Sounds like it's coming from disc/drum area??  When lightly applying brake, there is no clicking.  I tried to duplicate the sound while stopped by leaning bike up on kickstand, using full throttle and then applying brake.  No clicking.  I can only hear it when rolling at a good speed and applying brake.  It clicks until come to complete stop.  Maybe something rubbing, need adjustment, ??   

JimInPT

A clicking sound on my MiniST2, and others I've seen in videos, may very well be loose spoke(s) - try pulling on each one and see if you can feel a difference.  If you find loose ones, there are videos on YouTube showing how to properly tighten them back up - be sure you have a properly-fitting spoke wrench tool.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Eric7

I second the loose spoke idea.  Just squeeze each spoke together with the adjacent spoke until you find the loose one.  Tighten it up.

I did it on my bike at 300 miles.

Also, even if something else is causing it, it is always a good idea to check and tighten the spokes.  The rear wheel gets more stress with the motor so the spokes there gets loosen first.

inoxa

I had an issue with a dirty chain.  It would click.  Once cleaned no more clicking.

rjp

inoxa, what's a dirty change? Do you mean a dirty chain?

inoxa