News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bike For Surf Fishing

Started by bobnap, March 06, 2023, 11:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

bobnap

I am in the market for an e-bike that I plan on using for, among other things, surf fishing. This will involve riding on the beach and/or roads/paths to access fishing spots. I am at the state of paralysis by analysis.  I have been considering the Rad Expand 5 since I like the idea of being able to fold the bike to toss it into my truck or my travel trailer when I?m camping. I would love to hear from anyone who uses their Rad Expand off-road, particularly on the beach. The lack of the front suspension concerns me a bit although I understand the 4? tires should help offset that a bit.  I am also looking at the Rad River 6 step through and, while I think that may be slightly better suited for the beach, the trade off in portability has leaning towards the Expand.

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Bob

inoxa

If you stay with the Rad Brand, go with the Rover.  The Expand can be prone to wiring issues from the multiple folds.  The Expand is still very heavy and bulky.  If you have a truck, you have the room or you can get a motorcycle rack off ebay for $100.