News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Hi new Radrunner owner in the UK looking for tyre advice

Started by HondaZ50M, February 22, 2023, 11:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

HondaZ50M

Hi I found the hard way that the stock tyres offer NO grip what so ever in cold damp/wet conditions.

Any advice on replacements please?

Thanks,

MagnumPA

Do you have the knobby Kenda ones of the Cheng Shin kind? I think Rad uses both brands.  Are they inflated properly?  I ride year round here in the soggy Pacific northwest and haven't had any problems except one morning with freezing fog where I was a dummy and braked while turning on a painted street mural.  I didn't wreck but the back tire slid out.  The bike even did pretty good riding home in a snowstorm last week as long as I avoided where car tires packed the snow down into ice. 

HondaZ50M

Yes the stock Kenda knobbly tyres, no grip at all in damp or wet conditions, especially front.

Water Doc

I just replaced my K-Rads with Two Vee Tire 20x4.0 SkinWall Bike Tires Speedster E-Bike 50 with Endurance Compound and Override Puncture Protection (the ones with the off white sidewalls) So far I am very happy with this up grade, no problem with grip and best of all these tires are quiet - no hum what so ever which is a big improvement over the noisy K-Rads.  You have three choices, the off whitewalls, black walls and whitewalls. Only issue I have now is my motor is very loud when under load.
Dennis
RadMini4 and RR+