News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New 2023 Rad Model Teaser

Started by Ryan, February 21, 2023, 08:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Saw this on Instagram - any guesses?

jfo

Looks like a step-thru, runner-type high handlebars, fat tires. Probably did a Runner update with the new battery.

Si1Dia

the picture on Facebook was much clearer. It looks like a new runner with a Semi-integrated battery..... Not sure how I feel about that....

JimInPT

Also looks like the downtube is big enough to stuff the controller in there like the new Rovers etc.  Another step down the road of making it more difficult to mod/hotrod the line?

Now let's guess price ..... I'll open the bidding at $1,699 as 'Lectric rubs their hands together in glee.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Eric7

Quote from: JimInPT on February 21, 2023, 09:17:41 AM
Also looks like the downtube is big enough to stuff the controller in there like the new Rovers etc.  Another step down the road of making it more difficult to mod/hotrod the line?

Now let's guess price ..... I'll open the bidding at $1,699 as 'Lectric rubs their hands together in glee.

I prefer the slap-together bolt-on look of my RadMine ST2.  It is like buying a kit and I can upgrade all I want.  And, it was the cheapest option back then from a reliable company. I am still a Rad fan but there are other cheap options now.

I understand it is psychological.  Probably, if I plan on going on 100 mile trips and had a new rad bike, the most painless thing to do is to just buy 2 or 3 more semi-integrated batteries. If I decided to go for a 100 mile ride, I'll probably should allocate enough money to cover that and concentrate on the fun things in life.

But, it still feels good to know that I can mod and hot rod if I wanted to.

JimInPT

Quote from: Eric7 on February 21, 2023, 09:32:43 AMI prefer the slap-together bolt-on look of my RadMine ST2.  It is like buying a kit and I can upgrade all I want.

I feel the same way about my MiniST2 and I've hotrodded it with the 35A controller and hybrid mechanical-hydraulic brake calipers from Area13 along with other gadgets.  Sure glad I got it two years ago because no Rad bike since has held the same appeal to me or is as easy to tweak and improve.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Muskie1

I agree I would buy an Lectric if I needed a new bike. Their new cargo bike with the dual batteries and up to 150 mile range is 1699. They are killing Rad price wise. I bought a XP lite for a gift. Quality was much better than my Mini.

Tree

Quote from: Muskie1 on February 21, 2023, 09:28:44 PM

I agree I would buy an Lectric if I needed a new bike. Their new cargo bike with the dual batteries and up to 150 mile range is 1699. They are killing Rad price wise. I bought a XP lite for a gift. Quality was much better than my Mini.

i saw this. it makes me want to become a hoarder with my current RR6+, and adding to it the 'Lectric Cargo bike and something from EBC, because they have BEAUTIFUL looking bikes,

Eric7

I don't know about everybody else and maybe my relative income has declined. $2499. It seems like a lot of money compared to $1200 Rad Mini ST2 ($1299-$100 for 3 months delay) just 2 years ago.  It is a bit too upscale for me and maybe Rad is targeting a more upscale market.  Seems to me $1300 of difference would allow me to upgrade my Mini ST2 to do more that this new bike. For example, I can add a new trailer and buy another battery and carry more and outlast the new bike for distance.  Maybe the only thing I cannot do is carry another passenger.

The trailer for $299 is interesting though.