News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Activity on this Thread and the Rad City performance Poll

Started by Escher, January 30, 2023, 02:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Is the reason this thread is relatively inactive because

Rad City Bikes are a better design and do not lend themselves to faults
4 (30.8%)
Very few people actually want to partake in this forum unless they have a problem
6 (46.2%)
Rad City owners have better things to do
0 (0%)
The popularity of Rad is waning, the novelty of owning a Rad bike has worn off.
1 (7.7%)
Other: please include comments
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 14, 2023, 02:52:59 PM

Escher

Results will be shown once you have voted and will expire in 15 days

Ddaybc

I don't see a way to make a comment for the poll so I guess commenting here will be OK.
The Rad City is single speed, I believe. Not a lot of people choose a single speed even in an ebike. I dunno, I could be wrong but it's just my thoughts.

rjp

The Rad City is a 7 speed bike not a single speed bike. The Rad Mission was a single speed.

handlebar

Quote from: Ddaybc on February 02, 2023, 08:25:57 PM
I don't see a way to make a comment for the poll so I guess commenting here will be OK.
The Rad City is single speed, I believe. Not a lot of people choose a single speed even in an ebike. I dunno, I could be wrong but it's just my thoughts.

A couple of years ago, I bought a Radrunner because I needed a bike and gearshift models were on backorder. Later I bought a 7-speed ebike. I discovered that I don't like a gearshift on an ebike. Without a motor, you shift down for more torque to climb a hill. With a motor, you use PAS for more torque. You can climb a hill without slowing down.

Ddaybc

rjp, thank you for the correction. I was wrong. I went to the Rad web site but they don't list the Mission any more but the City is definitely a 7 speed.I guess I should have done that before I made my first post. My bad. :-(

rjp

Ddaybc, no problem we all make mistakes. At least it didn't cost you any money,  :)