News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Replacement keys

Started by rroswell, June 07, 2023, 07:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rroswell

Hi I am a new Rad Rover 6 Plus owner   Love the bike but came with the wrong battery keys and customer support are not very helpful.  I know you can use a blank for most models but understand that does not work for my bike.  Rad says keys are back ordered with no idea of when they will be available.  They suggested contacting a locksmith but this does not make a lot of sense to me. Does anyone have any ideas.  Thanks Ray

Dygo18

I?m in the same boat I need the 5508 key

rroswell

I need keys for 5263 but have keys for 5066

JimInPT

It's a long-shot, but something both you guys might want to try is to start a thread with the bike model and key number(s) you need in the Subject line, so it shows without having to open the post.

There are different key numbers, but not an infinite number; I'd bet there are quite a few bikes running around with the same key (for those of us with older ones, a simple blank key is the "same key") and if somebody has the same number, hopefully you can arrange to send them some coins to cover the cost of duplicating and mailing you a replacement, bypassing Rad entirely if they're unable/unwilling to help.

You should be able to edit the Subject line to add more numbers from other owners as necessary.

Good luck!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

rroswell

Thanks Jim It is a long shot but something to consider

JimInPT

One other point... I don't know about the newer models, but for the prior generation or two, the key is just a readily-available Honda motorcycle blank available on eBay and any locksmith.  (This makes the risk of battery or bike theft even greater, as any of these blanks will unlock most of the batteries out there - to the degree that I only carry the blank, so I can prove it to other Rad owners by unlocking theirs.) 

So the odds are pretty good that the newer keys are a common blank as well, making them easy to have a duplicate made if you can find a matching owner.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Dygo18

I ordered my key from this site https://www.orderkey.eu/side15599-laasid-8.html?nk= just tried it and it worked!

rroswell

Thanks Dygo18   They are already processing my order 

Dygo18

Got mine in about 8 business days with the express shipping

minnesotaradrover

Quote from: Dygo18 on June 19, 2023, 08:28:31 AM
I ordered my key from this site https://www.orderkey.eu/side15599-laasid-8.html?nk= just tried it and it worked!

Did you just type the key number from your battery in on that link?

I'm in the same boat and it doesn't sound like Rad is going to be super helpful. Trying to order one on this site, but wasn't sure if the key type etc mattered, or if the key number (5272 on my battery) was all that was needed.

Thanks in advance!