Author Topic: Rear rack bags for RadExpand 5  (Read 1647 times)

coldweather

• View Profile
Rear rack bags for RadExpand 5
« on: January 15, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »
Trying to get the best fit accessories for my new e-bike:
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a rear rack bag (trunk)?  I've already picked up an insulated bag with velcro straps that are too short and won't tie down to the rack, so I ended up using bungee cords.  Also, what accessories will mount using the threaded holes on this rear rack?

Thanks.

JimL

• View Profile
Re: Rear rack bags for RadExpand 5
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 09:08:52 AM »
This one fits, Lixada on Amazon, about $22 right now.

https://amzn.to/3XTvPvX
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 07:52:27 PM by Ryan »

coldweather

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 10:36:36 AM »
Thanks for this suggestion and link.  We'll give it a try.

Charlieparsons67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 07:53:42 AM »
I have had a hard time finding one.  I am currently using a bag i got from amazon it has velcro tie downs.  I had to buy more velcro stripes and get creative but it works good now.  Rad just came out with hardshell boxes that i belive will fit on the rack and are compatible but its kinda pricey. The top box is like 159 or something and the hardshell panier is 199. My advice is to get creative and make your own style.

John Rose

• It's not cheating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 07:28:29 PM »
My DIY proposal:
Once you fabricate and install a simple pair of shields (to keep stuff off the rear of the frame and derailleur) out of a sheet of lexan or clear acrylic, I'm thinking you could just flop two fabric shopping bags over the rack, like panniers. Fasten the bag handles to the opposite sides of the rack with carabiners or bit snaps. Should be fine for toting groceries.

That being said, I did just order a Rad Saddle Bag (with $10 discount) for little stuff like the bike lock, cable, and tool kit.

[edit - Oops.  :-[ I forgot about the possibility of the bags hitting my heels as I pedal. Clearly I have to try it out first, and then proceed with the mods to keep them more to the rear.]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:42:34 PM by John Rose »
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

RadBob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 09:46:03 AM »
We ordered the adapter plate for the Topeak bag that just slides and locks in place.
The reason is we couldn?t get our folded Expand 5 bikes into our Equinox with any type of bag on the rear rack. 
We plan on carrying a spare battery with each bike and although the Topeak system was pricey, I think the convenience will outweigh the price.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 09:46:03 AM »