Author Topic: RHINO MOTOR UPGRADE - ADVICE NEEDED  (Read 988 times)

BellsonBikes

• View Profile
RHINO MOTOR UPGRADE - ADVICE NEEDED
« on: January 03, 2023, 06:42:39 AM »
There seems to be a few conflicting opinions about this.

I would like my Rhino to provide more grunt uphill as i live in hilly area - so i assume a 750w motor would help ( i have 250W UK legal one currently)

I'd like to insert the larger motor internals into existing 250W casing (as shown in couple of videos) - cant see how Police would be able to detect this especially if 250W stickers retained.

Do i also need to upgrade the Motor Controller at same time? Or can existing kit cope? Is this a give away to authorities?

Could someone send me links to where i should buy Motor and Controller  - is this a sensible idea or one likely to blow up in my face?

Any advice appreciated.

Tony

• View Profile
Re: RHINO MOTOR UPGRADE - ADVICE NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 08:37:29 AM »
The 750 swap into the 250 casing is a direct swap. I did the 35 amp upgrade at the same time. Contact Gareth at Big Game Bikes.

how

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 10:57:26 AM »
The 250 to 750 motor core swap will not be visible.

The 750 core how ever has now been modified in the last few months and now looks like the older cheaper Rad specialty cores that many of the earlier videos complained about. In their defense, Bafang claims that these new cores are now lighter and more efficient. Swapping my core from 500w to 750W definitely improved the power band especially in the upper ranges. Just don't make my mistake I did of using an electrical lube to better waterproof the motor connecter as that product can electrically isolate the male and female brass connecters from allowing the full voltage to the motor.

The biggest noticeable improvement though will come from the 35A controller swap...But..If a policemen knows his e bikes, there is a pretty big visible size difference between the size of a stock controller and a 35A controller upgrade.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 10:57:26 AM »