News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Does your battery jam?

Started by handlebar, January 02, 2023, 09:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

handlebar

My Radrunner battery fits inconveniently tightly. My Radmission was worse. Even getting it seated enough to lock was difficult. To get it loose, I'd use a piece of 2 x 4 with one end cut at 30 degrees to a point. I'd wedge it behind the battery and pry against the seat tube.

The carrier screwed to the bike engages three tabs on each side of the battery case. The two middle tabs had the least clearance. I used playing cards to press a nail file flat against the bottom of each tab. Each card is about 0.3mm thick. Typical paper is about 0.1mm thick. I cut a couple of paper rectangles to supplement by cards in order to shim the file in increments of 0.1mm. I've done all the tabs, and the battery goes in and out much more easily.

Altema

The likely cause is the factory screw mounts were not even, forcing the battery mounting bracket to distort when tightened. Your fix solved that though! My original battery was a little snug, but not that snug. My aftermarket battery mount was less tolerant of the unevenness, so I had to use a thin washer on the middle screw to act as a spacer.

handlebar

Quote from: Altema on January 04, 2023, 05:44:37 PM
The likely cause is the factory screw mounts were not even, forcing the battery mounting bracket to distort when tightened. Your fix solved that though! My original battery was a little snug, but not that snug. My aftermarket battery mount was less tolerant of the unevenness, so I had to use a thin washer on the middle screw to act as a spacer.

Thanks for the tip. I checked mine with a straightedge and flashlight. It looks good.