News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Best Dash Cam

Started by Traildad, January 02, 2023, 12:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Traildad

I?m thinking about getting an action camera to mount on my new RadRover 6 plus. I?m disappointed by the short battery life of most cameras. I?m not posting to YouTube, I just want it as a dash cam. The Drift Innovation Ghost XL Pro looks to have good video and long battery life. It also has the ability to plug in a battery for even longer battery life. At $250.00 I could get one to face front and back for the same price as the GoPro max. Has anyone tried them? Any reviews? Thanks.

jbfoster

I haven't tried it. I'm on the hunt for something different. I currently have the GoPro Max. I do a 25 minute ride and the battery is down 50%. The GoPro Max does not have drive mode. Some of the action cameras I have been looking at have drive mode so it works like a dash cam. Set it to record 3 minute files and to overwrite the oldest when MicroSD card get's full. 360 camera's are so expensive.

Jim

JedidiahStolzfus

I'm using a GoPro Session, don't know which version, but it's the little black cube.  Got it used from CL and it works, but it's battery is weak and it's nearly impossible to replace without damaging the camera.  My solution was to power it from the USB port off my display.  I have to keep the door open to keep it plugged in, but that's not a big deal since I don't ride in bad weather.  So far that's been working fine.

jbfoster

I'm going to try the Rexing A1 action camera. it's not the best out there but it's on sale for $119 down from $199. It has a front facing and rear facing camera.

Jim

https://www.rexingusa.com/product/a1/

JedidiahStolzfus

The dashcam in one of my cars is a Rexing, it's been installed for about 3 years.  We've had no problems with it.  I'd buy another one if I had to. 

Ishy

🤔Umm.  Why don't you just get a oldish phone with a Micro SD card slot.  A phone mount.  And BOOM. Good video and cheap with long battery life and amazing capacity.   Am I missing something there????