News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

my RadRunner Plus - PLUS

Started by joeliniowa, December 31, 2022, 04:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

joeliniowa

I just finished adding a second 17.5 amp 48v battery to my RR+ using a DATEX3 system balancer from Big Game Bikes .com  I mounted the battery on two water bottle posts and added a closed foam washer towards the top of the mount.   The wiring is all terminated with XT60 connectors on the DATEX.  I got adapter cables from BGB.com.  The DATEX-3 will allow me to add a 3rd battery.  I plan to have a Burley Trailer, Flexible Solar Panel, and a power converter in the trailer.   Then I can GO & GO, worry-free...

Now I just need the IOWA tundra season to subside for a few days.
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

joeliniowa

let me try 2 more photos one at a time... ugg
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

joeliniowa

The rest of the photo's won't post, but you get the jist.  My plan is to have a Burley Trailer, a Felxible Solar Pannel, and a  power converter in the trailer...

Altema

Clever location for the DATEX3, and the capped blanks were an excellent idea.

ElectricRides

Nice! Looks like you did a great job! I was considering mounting my 2nd battery to the water bottle bosses but felt that it might be a bit insecure but it looks like you were able to manage.

Keep us posted when you decide to add that 3rd battery or the solar panels!

joeliniowa

Quote from: Altema on January 01, 2023, 08:01:57 AM
Clever location for the DATEX3, and the capped blanks were an excellent idea.

I printed those caps with TPU, it was a bit porus at the few layers.  I used the "liquid rubber" product.  Painting it on the ends of the covers.  No problems in 6 months.