News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Kryptonite New York LS Heavy Duty Bicycle U Lock Bike Lock

Started by rsghowellnj, December 21, 2022, 05:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rsghowellnj

Quote from: JimInPT on December 30, 2022, 02:05:31 PM
Quote from: rsghowellnj on December 27, 2022, 09:03:50 PM@JimInPT - Could you tell me what the internal dimensions are of this ABUS Grant U-Lock?

Those were remarkably difficult to find, even on the manufacturer's website and Amazon, so I just measured mine.  With the lock closed, these are internal dimensions:

- Across at the base of the shackle:  11 cm
- Length of straight section of the shackle:  24 cm
- Overall internal shackle length from locking body to inside curved end:  30 cm

The shackle itself is about 1/2" thick and total weight is about 4 lbs.  Everything except the locking tips of the shackle is wrapped in thick rubber to prevent scratching.

FYI, a few months ago, I also added an ABUS heavy-duty folding lock, carried on the water-bottle mounting screws - it's MUCH faster to grab, unfold and lock into place for a quick trip into a shop or whatever, compared to unlocking, removing, jiggering the bike etc. to use the U-lock and/or cable.  Between the U-lock, folding lock, cable and mounts, I'm probably hauling 10 lbs of security crap around, and I live in a VERY safe non-thiefy little town, but this makes my OCD worry less.   :o

Oh, I also have a hidden motion-sensitive alarm that's really annoying if it gets woken up.  All in all, I'm probably overdoing it a bit.  Nobody gets my damn bike.

@JimInPT - Thank you!