Author Topic: Any Child Seat  (Read 1401 times)

shroffman

• View Profile
Any Child Seat
« on: December 10, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »
I have a rear carrier mounted Hamax child seat which was used on a different bike before I got my Radrunner, The integrated rear rack of the 'Runner' seems to only fit Thule child seats but before I think about buying of these, does anyone know of a mod or hack to fit other brands of seats? Thanks!

mportas

• View Profile
Re: Any Child Seat
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 06:53:40 PM »
@shroffman . There are several brands in which the seat already has an adjustment system, or includes the attachment to add the seat to the rear rack. I order a seat from "Urban Iki" on Amazon since it has good reviews, and supports bigger kids (up to 22kg). I think "Belleli Pepe" (also available on amazon) includes the mounting system to attach to the rear rack as well.
Thule seats seem great, but are limited to 40 pounds, and are also very expensive.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 01:10:14 PM by Ryan »

shroffman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 07:46:21 AM »
@shroffman . There are several brands in which the seat already has an adjustment system, or includes the attachment to add the seat to the rear rack. I order a seat from "Urban Iki" on Amazon since it has good reviews, and supports bigger kids (up to 22kg). I think "Belleli Pepe" (also available on amazon) includes the mounting system to attach to the rear rack as well.
Thule seats seem great, but are limited to 40 pounds, and are also very expensive.

@importas Thanks for that, didn't realise about Urban Iki, will definitely look into it!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 01:10:40 PM by Ryan »

mportas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 01:17:31 PM »
So i Just got my Urban Iki after waiting for several weeks. it DOES NOT FIT the RadRunner rack.

shroffman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 07:42:04 AM »

So I found this pannier rack adapter made by dutch company called Steco, which bolts on top of the Radrunner rack, very sturdy and you can virtually mount any child seat onto it. I was able to fix my Hamax seat onto it and am very satisfied. Maybe it could solve your problem too.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 07:42:04 AM »