Author Topic: The newest replacement hub motor cores compared to Bafangs original versions.  (Read 3554 times)

JTK77

• View Profile
JTK77   Looks like a real fun ride, but over kill for me. I probable average 10-12 mph over the 10000 miles I have on my bike and I'm happy with that. 20 years ago I'd be riding next to you. What tires are you running, I really like the white walls.  Do they come with a less aggressive thread pattern? I like quite tires

I do mostly ~20 mph averages. Did some ~80 Miles trip couple a weeks ago with 21-22 average. Total battery capacity is 60v 41.5Ah.
Studded my 45nrth Vanhelgas for the winter.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:35:01 AM by JTK77 »

how

• View Profile
@JTK77
That is one beautiful bike.

My Rad Rover 1 is a step-thru that limits some of the battery position options that you are utilizing. I typically get 140 to 145 km on a charge from my two integrated stock batteries, with an average speed of 23 kph and 95% on pas 1.
The weight balance on the bike is a bit too rear heavy, which when set up for a cruiser-styled ride makes wheelies something to watch out for along with potentially harmonic front wheel shimmies when taking your hand off the handlebars while riding.

JimInPT

• View Profile
would suggest going straight to G062 series 1000w nominal motor (pref cassette type) with L10 motor connector.
I have modded this motor for higher power though. First to fail was the gluing of 20 neodymium magnets. I reglued them with highedt quality heat curable epoxy and no problem ever since.
I'm running it Peak 7000w at 60v battery. Peak current (battery DC) is 114A.
3.9 seconds from 0-30mph.

Geeezzzz, man, only 7 kilowatts and no front-wheel-drive???  Scaredycat.   ;)

Do you buy your replacement rear tires by the pallet?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

JTK77

• View Profile
would suggest going straight to G062 series 1000w nominal motor (pref cassette type) with L10 motor connector.
I have modded this motor for higher power though. First to fail was the gluing of 20 neodymium magnets. I reglued them with highedt quality heat curable epoxy and no problem ever since.
I'm running it Peak 7000w at 60v battery. Peak current (battery DC) is 114A.
3.9 seconds from 0-30mph.

Geeezzzz, man, only 7 kilowatts and no front-wheel-drive???  Scaredycat.   ;)

Do you buy your replacement rear tires by the pallet?

These tyres have already lasted way longer than stock Kendas on stock bike. Still in good condition 🙂

Altema

• View Profile
The Bafang G062 is the way to go. Mine is tame compared to JTK77's, but it's a folding bike with only 28lbs of weight on the front wheel. I ride with gas mopeds and it's faster than 80% of them, and it's pretty dominant in electric group rides as well. A sample ride is linked below, though it's been faster than this.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jH7aQos6Yf9D1tvY7

how

• View Profile
Latest update.
Well, it looks like my motor core performance issues with the area 13 750W update might have been self-induced. 
My motor has been steadily improving over the last couple of days and Kyle, upon learning of my problems surmises that the dielectric grease that I waterproofed my connections with, was also insulating, to some extent, the motor to controller connection.
He said that he has seen this same problem many times. I guess that with heat and vibration, any grease between the connections is wearing thinner and is now allowing better conductivity.

He also says he has seen numerous connectors destroyed through the application of dielectric grease.

rjp

• View Profile
Ah thanks for the up date

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum