News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Air Tag hiding/mounting

Started by leeram, November 16, 2022, 07:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

leeram

Has anyone found a good way (product) to mount and Air Tag on a RadRover 6+?

jastewart325

Duct tape it inside of a fender.

Ddaybc

One could check out the Tagbox from Pinhead. I haven't ordered one but eventually I might.

Tree

Ddaybc

Tree, that airtag holder looks good. Small, simple and not obvious. Nice.

It would be great if it was mounted more permanent but overall a good idea.

Tree

Quote from: Ddaybc on November 26, 2022, 08:45:02 AM
Tree, that airtag holder looks good. Small, simple and not obvious. Nice.

It would be great if it was mounted more permanent but overall a good idea.

make sure you get the one that matches your device. i just use a zip tie and put it on my seat post. i'm sure there are better places for it. but if someone is stealing my bike to use it, they're likely not removing the seat.

The Gaffer

If a thief has an iPhone, they will be notified in 3 hours that they are being followed by an Airtag and can activate the buzzer to help them locate it. Here is a solution that might help keep it hidden longer if you are confident enough to dismantle and reassemble your Airtag.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSRc1DScOY8&list=WL&index=13

Si1Dia

as previously posted if you can, remove the speaker from the air tag before hiding it. My self I found on the Rover 6+, that the empty space above the battery and behind the lock core is a great location. there is no access to this spot without removing the battery and a number of screws. the range is decreased by being in the down tube, but it does still work.

joeliniowa

I tucked my "TILE - Button" under my controller. It's just a "black bump" way under there...  I may add another to a fender; that's a good idea too.
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

Jackharrison

I use a bike Bell that hides an airtag. Found it on Amazon and it?s a better bell than the original.

Porthole

Upcoming iPhone IOS 17 will allow more than one iPhone to track an air tag.
Thanks,
Duane

RadRover 6+ Charcoal high step
RadRover 6+ White step through

SemperVee

Covered up with tape under my Seat...