Author Topic: Radwagon 4 with new Vee 22x3 speedsters  (Read 2178 times)

eganonoa

• View Profile
Radwagon 4 with new Vee 22x3 speedsters
« on: November 15, 2022, 11:33:46 AM »
Just noting here that I'm currently having good success running the new Vee 22x3 speedsters on the Radwagon 4.  More details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RadPowerBikes/comments/ys0fp8/rw4_up_and_running_with_vee_speedsters/

Trogster

• View Profile
Re: Radwagon 4 with new Vee 22x3 speedsters
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 05:12:25 PM »
I wonder if these are the tires Rad will be dispatching to effected RW4 owners?

eganonoa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:25:45 PM »

Could be. Vee state that they are specifically designed  for ebikes and as far as I know there are no other ebikes with 22 inch wheels. So unless the industry as a whole is poised for a major shift, I have to assume they were specifically designed for the Radwagon.

On that Reddit link someone speculates (I think correctly) that even if these are the tires, Radpower will want to add things like a reflective strip and probably their name, so it's more likely to be a variant of these rather than them directly.

Whichever way, its so far so good on my side!

BeachWagon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 11:30:22 AM »
Where I live, RW4s are quite common. I think it is great that another tire is being made, as the odd wheel/tire size has been the main knock against the RW4.

I'm interested in hearing how these tires do when someone has more mileage on them.

eganonoa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 07:11:53 AM »

So far so good. 15 days in. About 150 miles. Been taking it easy but gradually getting more confident on them. Quietness, less rolling resistance but equal stability still stands. In addition, they handle wet conditions better and cornering is out of this world different.

Still early days, of course, and I'm using a different cargo bike more at the moment because I want want to be cautious and the kids get colder and wetter on the RW4 as the Conestoga doesn't cover legs (our other cargo is fully enclosed bucket). But, so far, these are proving themselves more than capable.

It also helps that the Speedster is a brand that has been used for years on other bike types (starting I believe with BMX) so I don't feel like I'm using something entirely experimental, which in reality the original tires are.

RadMig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 03:04:14 AM »
I was recently notified by the company that my replacement tires on the safety issue are going to be scheduled in early 2023. I've had to keep off the bike but it's good to know that early next year I'll have the new tires put on by the company at a local repair shop. Thanks for the heads up. By the way last time I checked the website you could actually buy the tubes but the tires are not available in this special size. I don't mind waiting because I'm making monthly payments and I plan to have this bike for 5 years or more. Other than this issue it's a fantastic e-bike.

RadMig

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 03:10:30 AM »
Update January 2023. The company has notified me and shipped the repair kit which covers the safety concern from last year. The repair kit including the two new tires tubes and so on have been shipped to me and I should have them by the end of this week. They will probably refer me to a local bike repair shop and I'll take it in and let them replace the tires. Then I can finally start writing the bike!

Trogster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 12:00:02 PM »
Update January 2023. The company has notified me and shipped the repair kit which covers the safety concern from last year. The repair kit including the two new tires tubes and so on have been shipped to me and I should have them by the end of this week. They will probably refer me to a local bike repair shop and I'll take it in and let them replace the tires. Then I can finally start writing the bike!

Where are you located?  Up here in Canada, I haven't heard of anyone taking delivery of the replacement tires.

RadMig

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 01:55:39 AM »
Update January 2023 I was sent two emails from the company's customer service. The first one is announcing the shipping of the replacement tire and tubes which I should have here in the next day or two. And the second email that I got just this morning direct me to a local bike shop for free warranty appointment. I am down here in sunny Central Florida between Mickey mouse and the buccaneers. My assigned bike repair shop looks like it's a mobile service and so that's good. Will update again in the next week or so to let you know. However like the previous post I have not been riding this bike since the safety recall went out. So I too am looking forward to being able to ride a bike I've been paying for for nearly 6 months. Hang in there kids it looks like the company is making good on their promise to take care of this concern.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 01:55:39 AM »