News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

cowboy hat instead of goggles

Started by handlebar, November 10, 2022, 02:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

handlebar

Quote from: JimInPT on December 03, 2022, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: handlebar on December 01, 2022, 07:24:09 PMInstead, I decided not to fall on my head again. Since then, I haven't knocked my dome on pavement on a bicycle crash. My mumbo jumbo is related to avoiding head injuries by maintaining control.

I didn't know I could avoid injuries by just declaring that.  I suppose I should have done that years ago, but thanks for the tip!

Deciding is more than declaring. It entails mounting a big, flat mirror, avoiding fast or heavy traffic, setting up a stable riding position, and not riding too fast. Hypothermia could result in injuries. Two days ago it was 8 F with 20 mph winds. Imagine how cold my brain would have been without a cowboy hat over my knit cap.

handlebar

Quote from: Hehateme on December 01, 2022, 07:47:17 PM
Mr. Handlebar,
After reading your writings, I change my stance. With certainty, wearing a cowboy hardhat is a splendid choice.  Taking safety precautions does not lead to warmly crafted anecdotes. I applaud you and your fine contributions to humanity.  Just say Yes to bowling shoes on the golf course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like bowling shoes for walking but not riding. The ones I have stick out in back and hit my panniers.

The first time I used my bicycle helmet, I tested it by accident. My overhead garage door doesn't have much clearance. I have to duck to walk in. My first day with the helmet, I rode in. I got halfway in when my helmet contacted the bottom of the door, causing an abrupt stop. Think of the damage my skull would have done if the helmet hadn't protected the door frame. It put a dent in my helmet, but that was okay. Who looks at the top of a helmet when a bicyclist pedals by?  ... which reminds me, I need to renew my peddler's license.

Goosecreek

Accidents happen I would rather be prepared.  I have hit deer and had a lady total her car when she hit me from behind while on my motorcycle,  both times I had on full gear to protect me from my surroundings.  Both times I walked away with out a bus ride.