Author Topic: Rad bike seats  (Read 2004 times)

GAF

• View Profile
Rad bike seats
« on: November 08, 2022, 03:13:24 PM »
has anyone got any opinion on the Velo Plush seat sold by Rad. How does it compare to the standard seat which comes with the Rad city 5 plus. Also does the Velo Plush seat fit on the SR Suntour SP12 NCX Seat post also sold by Rad
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 12:33:54 PM by Ryan »

Water Doc

• View Profile
Re: Rad bike seats
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 06:38:06 AM »
The seat post upgrade will be the best upgrade for a more comfortable ride. As for seat selection, if you need a better one most owners are upgrading to models like the Cloud 9 on Amazon which are not offered by Rad.  Another seat option is to check out locally available seats at Walmart, Academy etc so you can test what you are planning to purchase.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 12:34:53 PM by Ryan »
Dennis
RadMini4 and RR+

Packrat1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 05:56:26 PM »
I have tried multiple seats and the one I like the most is the Serfas Tailbone TBM-30. Softer than Cloud 9 and softer than Rad?s upgraded seat. It?s also nicer than the Pedego upgraded seat and also Schwinns too. And yes I bought all of the seats tried them and then returned them.

rsghowellnj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 02:21:25 AM »
I went with the KINEKT Bike Suspension Seatpost and the Bikeroo Oversized Bike Seat and on my RAD Expand 5 and been pretty happy with them.  Not having a front shock the seat post really helped.

https://amzn.to/3PzuSpk
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 01:17:03 PM by Ryan »

Packrat1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 01:00:28 PM »
Do you think the seat post ?give? lessens the inertia when pedaling. Like say going uphill sitting down with the shock seat post do you use more energy pedalling? Sorry if I am using the wrong terminology p.

rsghowellnj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2022, 03:20:45 AM »
Do you think the seat post ?give? lessens the inertia when pedaling. Like say going uphill sitting down with the shock seat post do you use more energy pedalling? Sorry if I am using the wrong terminology p.

I don't feel like I'm losing anything like pogoing (<--- if that is the right word).  So I don't feel like I'm losing any power but then again, it is an e-bike and not a road or mountain bike.  To be honest with you I put this on my bike at the start so I don't have anything to compare it to.  For me it seems to just work and I'm pretty content with it.

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 05:29:04 AM »
I don't feel like I'm losing anything significant. I use the same levels of pedal assist, and have not noticed the need for more. If I was one of those lycra clad chaps who has to "prove" themselves every ride, I might be more concerned, but I'm not! 😂

Bigboom338

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 09:25:47 AM »
I put a Cloud 9 seat on my RR 6+ and it made a world of difference. I am 280lbs so I  went with the spring suspension seat. I have not decided whether to get a suspension post yet.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 09:25:47 AM »