News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Suntour SP12 NCX seat post

Started by radex5owner, November 07, 2022, 09:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

radex5owner

I've been looking for more of a "lay-back" for my seat in terms of 1-2" (otherwise rear basket is in the way).  My question is I'm short 5'1" and my seat is nearly fully down, if I switch out for the Suntour seat post  will I be able to keep it as "low" or does the suspension mechanism raise it up?  Also will it give me the "lay-back" that I'm looking for.  The cushioning part is a + but not mandatory.  I'm a lightweight! This is going on a RadExpalnd 5.  Thanks!

PowayVoyager

Quote from: radex5owner on November 07, 2022, 09:37:42 AM
I've been looking for more of a "lay-back" for my seat in terms of 1-2" (otherwise rear basket is in the way).  My question is I'm short 5'1" and my seat is nearly fully down, if I switch out for the Suntour seat post  will I be able to keep it as "low" or does the suspension mechanism raise it up?  Also will it give me the "lay-back" that I'm looking for.  The cushioning part is a + but not mandatory.  I'm a lightweight! This is going on a RadExpalnd 5.  Thanks!
I'm not sure where you're located, but you can probably visit or call a Rad retail store and ask them this question. The Rad store in Imperial Beach by San Diego uses that seat post on a few of their test ride bikes.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Gray Beard

Per the Rad website accessory page for the Suntour SP12:  "Using this seatpost will raise the minimum seat height on all ebikes by approximately 4 inches."

Altema

Yes, the Suntour post raises your seat's minimum height. Measure how much exposed seat post you have now, and if it's less than four inches, you will need a different solution.