Author Topic: Throttle, PAS suddenly stopped working but no errors  (Read 2433 times)

emarine

• View Profile
Throttle, PAS suddenly stopped working but no errors
« on: November 05, 2022, 09:19:04 PM »
Hello, I just got a Radrover 6 Plus last week and it happened twice while I was riding.

I came to a stop for a break after 1 hour of riding. When I tried to throttle after a short break, the throttle didn't work. What I noticed was the battery level on Rad UI panel was only one and was blinking. At that time, the battery level on the battery was about 75%~80%.

I tried several times to turn it on and off, but it didn't work. I tried pulling and putting the battery, unplugging and reconnecting the connectors, as I did the first day, but it didn't work as well.

I had to pedal for about 10 miles. The battery level on Rad UI panel had increased little by little, but the throttle still didn't work. The battery level reset to 1 when I turned off and on again.

I totally gave up and took a break while thinking about how to return. When I started to go, it suddenly worked. It suddenly worked after 45 mins it stopped.

Anyone who suffers from this problem?

What I suspect is it's because I charged the battery with it in the bike.

I worry if it happened again when I have to go back far from home.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 07:26:37 PM by emarine »

jastewart325

• View Profile
Re: Throttle, PAS suddenly stopped working but no errors
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 09:33:02 PM »
I had a minor accident with my City 5+, falling into a bush and twisting the handlebars so that one of the brake lever cables came apart. Reattaching was no problem, but afterward no throttle or PAS. Apparently it was the wiring harness--no visible damage, but replacing the harness fixed it.

Jafo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 03:33:00 PM »
I've had mine a bit over a month but only about 50 miles on it. I just had the same thing happen to me but as I was riding. I was in PAS 3 and suddenly I was riding a brick on wheels. All the readings were normal, if I changed the PAS it indicated it but no help and no throttle. I turned around to go back home and realized that wasn't going to fly so I stopped and shut it off. When I turned it back on everything worked again. Didn't happen again but I certainly don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about getting too far from home. I'll be calling tech support in the morning.

roiblazed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 05:53:18 AM »
Im having the same issue now. I believe it may be either something to do with the controller/battery harness or an overheating issue but im not sure.

I bought rover6+ to keep miles low on my other bikes and I had a owned the og rad runner and gave it to my pops that he still has. I ordered mine on blackfryday for 1300$ and my bike was delivered on 11/1/22 and I was pretty impressed with big design and I was happy with the first 400 miles. I ride (16 miles each way) to work daily occasionally on the weekend so I bought a second battery. It was perfect until just last week it started messing up. It started having the exact same problem multiple times a day. The first time it happened during a 2 hour group ride, we were stopped at a red light and when it turned green I has no pas or throttle. I ended up just pedaling the rest the way home ( about 14 miles ) with no power while continuously restarting the bike hoping it would come back to life. The next morning it turned on and worked fine throughout the rest of the day. It eventually happened again at a light next to a gas station on my way home from work, i went in the store for like 3 minutes and when I came back the bike was working perfect. Over the last few days i noticed that if I wait atleast 90 seconds - 3 minutes with the bike off and stationary without pedaling it always works again with no problems.

Customer service is just a waste of time and no help whatsoever and I will be taking my bike to a "rad mechanic" soon and see what they say.

CodeDoc537

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 03:15:36 PM »
Exact same problem, if anyone has figured it out please please let me know. Don?t want to pay 200 for them to tell me.

GirthyMonster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2023, 10:15:18 AM »
Thread revival. I?m experiencing the same issue. Any resolution and if so any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehunt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2023, 07:21:14 PM »
Thread revival. I?m experiencing the same issue. Any resolution and if so any recommendations?

We just picked up a couple of used RAD City 5 bikes, one of them does this now and then when the brakes are applied.  The motor purposely cuts out when the brakes are applied for safety, something apparently sticks and keeps it in that mode where it thinks the brake is on so the motor wont run.   After some experimenting with one brake or the other I found it?s the front brake on our bike.  Usually when it stops I can just pull hard on the front break, release and it starts working again.

GirthyMonster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 06:10:08 AM »
Thanks. Among other things I have disconnected both brakes-simultaneously and independently. I loosened the brake tension as far as able and still have the issue. Thanks again for responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2023, 12:21:15 PM »
This has happened to me. Throttle/power assist quit mid ride. Please help! RadRover 6

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum