News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad alternative

Started by Muskie1, November 05, 2022, 05:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Muskie1

So I came into a little bit of money thanks to almost 45 years of working.  I want to buy a friend a bike.
I have a Mini st, I thought a Rad Mission would fit the bill. They don't exist anymore and my Mini is a constant issue.
So I am looking fora alertaivve.. probably a Aveton or Lectric xp. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Altema

Are you looking specifically for a folding bike, or can it be a non-folder?

Bigboom338

I have heard nothing but good about Lectric bikes. The new 3.0 sounds like an awesome bike.

SemperVee

Today, should I replace my RAD mini, the Lectric 3.0 sure looks like a go-er!!!

homepeace

My family purchased 4 ebikes this past month. 2 Rad Rover 6+ Step Thru, a Lectric 2.0 XR, and a Lectric 3.0 XR. The 2.0 and 3.0 was due to the fact my brother was upset his new 2.0 purchase arrived and the 3.0 was released online the very next day, and Lectric has a zero-return policy once the packaging is opened. Works out since we already were planning on buying a bike for our nephews.

The RR6+ ST was faster on the throttle than the Lectric 2.0, but the Lectric 3.0 is much faster. The convenience of the folding bike is great for when we wanna shove multiple bikes into the back of our SUV's as we do not yet have bike racks to install these on. Keep in mind that Lectric is running a sale on both bikes and tossing in a ton of accessories. It doesnt beat the $700 off that Rad had on the Rover last month overall, but it still comes in cheaper.

Overall, you should be happy with any purchase you make. I see way more people locally on Rad bikes (probably because we live a short drive (30 mins) from the Berkeley Rad store.

Muskie1

Quote from: Muskie1 on November 05, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
So I came into a little bit of money thanks to almost 45 years of working.  I want to buy a friend a bike.
I have a Mini st, I thought a Rad Mission would fit the bill. They don't exist anymore and my Mini is a constant issue.
So I am looking fora alertaivve.. probably a Aveton or Lectric xp. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
So I decided on the Lectric xp lite. For 799.00 I took the chance.
I can't believe the quality and ride for the money. I can't even lift my Mini into a vehicle, the XP lite weighs about 45 pounds and easily fit into my friends car. I rode it and like the simplicity, single speed and because of the lighter weight felt as quick as my Mini.
One big thing I liked was fully assembled and unlike my Mini all the wiring is nicely bundled My Rads wiring looks like a diy project.