Author Topic: My modified radrunner plus  (Read 2156 times)

Woltersen

• View Profile
My modified radrunner plus
« on: October 16, 2022, 05:42:38 AM »
Here's my pride and joy: Radrunner Plus bought in January of 2021 with a few upgrades:

- Brooks Cambrium C17 saddle
- Suspension seatpost
- Magura MT5e Hydraulic brakes
- Large crate (RAD)
- Knaap ebike headlight (1200 lumen)
- Motorbike headlight mount

Not yet installed, waiting for motor extension cable:

- 30A sinewave controller + KT-LCD8S display
- 48V 19,2ah battery
- Datex2 device

My favorite upgrade has to be the Magura brakes. it is also by far the most expensive. I paid 200 euro for two sets and another 90 to have them professionally installed. I am trying to learn as much as I can through trial and error but installing these seemed like too much of a jump in required skill-level.

The headlight also deserves some attention. It originally comes from a KNAAP bike, meaning it works with the stock controller. These are normally not sold separately but a local dealer had no problem ripping it off a showroom bike and installing it on mine. At 1200 lumen, I will not be overlooked.

The large crate, a tip: if you are a tall rider and raise the saddle, you can install the crate length-wise which I believe really add to a sleeker aesthetic.

Once I get my motorcable I will finally be able to install the sinewave controller. Sinewave is meant to be a significant upgrade in tech over squarewave but finding detailed results for Bafang motors is impossible. I am very curious to see how much performance I'll gain, and how silent it will be. Note that since I am in the EU I don't see myself getting a bigger motor and getting a higher top speed. My focus is on range and torque. With both batteries installed I should be able to do 80+ km on full pas, averaging 30+ km/h for much longer before noticing voltage sag, can't wait!

Radical

• View Profile
Re: My modified radrunner plus
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 07:55:16 AM »
This looks awesome. Did the headlight require any wiring or did you gut out the headlight and place the stock light inside of it?

jfo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:09:55 AM »
Wish the large crate was an option here. It's been unavailable for so long they should just remove it from the options.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:09:55 AM »