Author Topic: My Rad Rhino/Rover 6  (Read 521 times)

John Crow

• View Profile
My Rad Rhino/Rover 6
« on: February 27, 2024, 01:40:26 PM »
Love my Rhino, and how it looks now, I added a big motorbike front headlight, gutted the 12v light and put a cheap USB cob rechargeable headlight inside along with the battery pack , works a treat and recharges from the added USB port. Nice big fat saddle that looks like a retro motorbike saddle on a Suntour suspension seat post , now very comfy , and added a couple of ex military saddle bags and a wing mirror which I find essential. I was going to upgrade the controller but police are getting a bit keen on prosecuting illegal electric bikes round here and its an immediate driving ban, they will take your licence away, which I can't risk, so didn't do it. Still with the default restricted controller its still loads of fun with minimal effort. 20mph on the flat, 6mph on hills which is a bit pants but what's the rush.
I'm 62 and had a heart attack a few weeks ago so hoping to get back in the saddle soon, weather is pants now anyway but soon as it gets nice Il be out and about again in beautiful Cornwall UK.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:55:01 PM by John Crow »

John Rose

• It's not cheating.
    • View Profile
Re: My Rad Rhino/Rover 6
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 03:12:30 PM »
... I added a big motorbike front headlight, gutted the 12v light and put a cheap USB cob rechargeable headlight inside along with the battery pack [...snip...]  I was going to upgrade the controller but police are getting a bit keen on prosecuting illegal electric bikes round here and its an immediate driving ban, they will take your licence away, which I can't risk, so didn't do it. ...
The headlight does look cool, but if it makes the bike look more like a motorcycle then police (and "Karens") will subject it to closer scrutiny.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

John Crow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 03:37:29 AM »
Let them scrutinize, its UK road legal so I don't mind chatting to a cop if they are bored enough to stop me, they won't find anything wrong, another good reason I didn't have the controller upgrade :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:37:59 PM by John Crow »

John Rose

• It's not cheating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 04:58:15 PM »
Well, I was thinking more about Karens Concerned Citizens carrying pitchforks and torches complaining to their local authorities about "all those motorcycles tearing along on our peaceful walking trails" and demanding that all ebikes be banned.

I'm not at all saying you should take the headlight off (because it does look cool and practical). You have every right to accessorize how you like, but the ill-informed won't know the difference.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmu3XUrFrE4 (8 min 36 sec) for the kind of moral panic I'm thinking of.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 04:58:15 PM »