Author Topic: Kickstand Options for RW4  (Read 1502 times)

Trogster

• View Profile
Kickstand Options for RW4
« on: October 04, 2022, 07:18:26 PM »
For those who are looking to ditch the heavy center stand on their RW4, there's a nice option on AliExpress that fits with minor adjustments.

To get the mounting bracket to fit snuggly inside the confines of the bottom bracket, you'll need to remove about 1mm of material from the kickstand mounting bracket.  Easy enough to do with a file or grinder.  Afterwhich, it will bolt right up using existing RW4 hardware.

Super strong and easy to use.

AliExp link and pics below (middle brace):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000177820723.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.60291802tHfQ2h

Extra bonus...no more tearing up the garage floor!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 07:21:25 PM by Trogster »

nllanos87

• View Profile
Re: Kickstand Options for RW4
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 07:51:01 AM »
That looks like a great option, especially with how difficult it is to get the bike up onto center stand when loaded with two kids seats and 70+ lbs of kiddos!

I see that there is a length adjustment with a set-screw, I assume you felt this set screw is strong enough to withstand the weight of the bike? Would you think it could support the full-capacity weight limit of the bike and not slip when parked?

Thanks for posting this!

Trogster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 08:15:30 PM »
The adjustable portion of the kickstand is made from some type of plastic, so I very much doubt it could support a fully loaded RD4.

However, it works just fine when loading groceries.

BeachWagon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 05:56:36 PM »
I bought some square chair/table leg protectors to stop the scratching up the garage floor problem. I've only had them for a short time, so I don't know how durable they'll be. Rad should have put some sort of protector on the kickstand from the start.

I prefer the double-kickstand for loading the bicycle full of groceries, but I can see if you don't need the stability why a lighter option could be good.

Trogster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 03:27:37 PM »
The primary reason I ditched the center stand for a kick stand is so that I can get the bike to lean over to facilitate security.

When on a center stand, the bike frame is much too far from the bike rack to accommodate the 'HipLok D1000' U-lock.  It's the only lock in the world that's angle-grinder proof.

It's a heavy lock, but you can lock up your Rad with confidence.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 03:27:37 PM »