News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tires

Started by Dekat, September 30, 2022, 02:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Dekat

Hello rad owners,
I have a 2019 rad mini, as many of you are aware, this tires are magnet for nails and screws and pointy objects. I?ve had several flat tires mainly in the back tire and tried all liners and patching the tires with flat rubber just to save money on getting a new tire, anyway I ran into super 73 tires that actually fit the rad mini. These tires are much much thicker and rides very smooth on surface roads, and don?t think it needs the liner due to its thickness, it?s almost like having a motorcycle tires. I?ve been riding it now for almost three weeks, so far I?ve been very confident on not having flat tires, it remains to be seen but I?m very happy. Check out super 73 website and check out the 20x 4.5 tires., it fits the rad mini.

Dekat

Quote from: Dekat on September 30, 2022, 02:59:47 PM
Hello rad owners,
I have a 2019 rad mini, as many of you are aware, this tires are magnet for nails and screws and pointy objects. I?ve had several flat tires mainly in the back tire and tried all liners and patching the tires with flat rubber just to save money on getting a new tire, anyway I ran into super 73 tires that actually fit the rad mini. These tires are much much thicker and rides very smooth on surface roads, and don?t think it needs the liner due to its thickness, it?s almost like having a motorcycle tires. I?ve been riding it now for almost three weeks, so far I?ve been very confident on not having flat tires, it remains to be seen but I?m very happy. Check out super 73 website and check out the 20x 4.5 tires., it fits the rad mini.
By the way tires are a bit pricey but I think it?s worth it, I spend about $ 115 for the tire and tube and delivery altogether.

Altema

Hmm, never would have considered that an option. I get invited to Super73 group rides all the time, even joke about getting "Super 72.5" stickers for my bike, but it just seems like they get lots of punctures. I have to admit the RadMini Kenda tires suck in sand though 😂

JimInPT

Quote from: Dekat on September 30, 2022, 02:59:47 PMCheck out super 73 website and check out the 20x 4.5 tires., it fits the rad mini.

They list three tires in that size; which one did you put on your Mini and what year is your bike?  I don't think 4.5 tires will fit my 2021 MiniST2 with 3.3" CST Big Boats - weren't the front forks on the Minis narrowed a bit in newer models?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.