News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Odometer

Started by Hans1940, September 20, 2022, 09:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Hans1940

Can you delete the total mileage on the odometer on a Rad display. I may have  deleted it by mistake  as the mileage it shows is a lot less then I know are on the bike. TIA

JedidiahStolzfus

If I recall, the stock display has a main odometer, and a trip odometer.  You probably reset the trip, because I don't believe there's a way to reset the main one. 

RadMig

Single taps on the power button will scroll you through the menu on the display. At one point it will highlight the total mileage and the next single click on the power button will show your trip odometer. Hope this helps!

Eric7

Yes. I don't think it is possible because somebody would have figured it out and shared it with everyone. The fact that nobody knows how to do it means that it is not possible - or only possible with more equipment (computer), connecting cables, and software.

Muskie1

Quote from: Eric7 on September 21, 2022, 10:30:58 AM
Yes. I don't think it is possible because somebody would have figured it out and shared it with everyone. The fact that nobody knows how to do it means that it is not possible - or only possible with more equipment (computer), connecting cables, and software.
Mine cleared it self One day, from about 600 miles back to zero, still working now. I called Rad  because I was worried about possible controller issues.  Don't worry at least you have less miles.

Hans1940

I think that's what mine did, reset itself, I don't really care I was just wondering if I did it by mistake.

rjp

I wonder what's going to happen to mine, it now has 9985 miles on it. lt doesn't look like there's room for a fifth digit. If it rolls over to zero again , I guess I'll have a new bike again. Bought new May 18th 2021.   (Update), I went for a ride today keeping a close eye on my mileage because I wanted to take a picture of my screen when my odometer read 9999. As soon as it was suppose to switch from 9998 to 9999 it went right to 0000 missing 9999 totally. No 9999 picture, I stopped and took a picture of 0000 and then kept riding to see if it would start counting again from zero, it did, so now I'm starting over again.  Any Body Looking For A Low Mileage Rad Rover ST 1, HA HA

joeliniowa

I was GROWLING just the other day, where is the TRIP counter?   OK, I'll have to go digging.  TY VM!
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

Altema

Quote from: rjp on September 23, 2022, 05:20:50 PM
I wonder what's going to happen to mine, it now has 9985 miles on it. lt doesn't look like there's room for a fifth digit. If it rolls over to zero again , I guess I'll have a new bike again. Bought new May 18th 2021.   (Update), I went for a ride today keeping a close eye on my mileage because I wanted to take a picture of my screen when my odometer read 9999. As soon as it was suppose to switch from 9998 to 9999 it went right to 0000 missing 9999 totally. No 9999 picture, I stopped and took a picture of 0000 and then kept riding to see if it would start counting again from zero, it did, so now I'm starting over again.  Any Body Looking For A Low Mileage Rad Rover ST 1, HA HA
Impressive mileage! I only have 6000 miles on mine, with about 1500 on the original controller.

Eric7

Rjp, Altema,

You are both impressive.  Are you still on the original motor and original battery? Or, alternatively, how long did the original motor and original battery lasted? I am just wondering.

On another topic, back to resetting odometers. you can reset your odometer by buying another display - just my guess so no guarantee it will work.  I am guessing that the info is stored in the display.  On sale on Rad for $50 now.

Thanks

Eric7

rjp

10296 miles now all are on original  motor, controller and I have two Rad Batteries. Still riding Rad!!!   

Eric7

Quote from: rjp on October 06, 2022, 02:34:55 PM
10296 miles now all are on original  motor, controller and I have two Rad Batteries. Still riding Rad!!!

My hat off to you.  Great accomplishment.