News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New list of upgrades!

Started by Altema, March 26, 2021, 09:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

I've been busy with lots of things going on, so I have not been posting as much, but I have been doing upgrades and accessories!

Media
After being disappointed multiple times, I upgraded my camera game and went with a GoPro Hero 8 Black, an official GoPro mic adapter, and a Rode professional grade lav mic. Accompanying the camera was a 64 GB memory card and an extra battery. Oddly, no charger for the two batteries, so I ordered an Artman storage container that holds and charges three batteries.

Storage
For the bike itself I ordered a new rack bag because the Sahoo 8 liter bag I adore got a rip. The exact bag no longer available, so I had to settle for a similar replacement. I also picked up some panniers which look good, but I have not decided if I like the clean but tall look of the rack bag, or the lower but larger panniers which also hide my rack battery.

Utility
I lost my Stanley mini multitool, which had all the basics, a knife sharp enough to do surgery with, and a secret phone stand. I replaced it with one from an auto parts store which turned out to be junk, so I'm taking it back. My tire pressure game was upgraded by a Topeak smartgauge, which has an air release button. This is important for me because I change my tire pressure almost daily depending on riding conditions and location. I also picked up a Tow-Whee bicycle tow strap. This is made for bike and I got the adult version. I did have an opportunity to use it last week. A friend on a Juiced Scorpion ran out of juice (bad battery cell), and I offered to tow her back, but she was uncomfortable with that.

Parts
My stock pedals are completely shot. The bearings are gone and the pedals wobble and squeak, so I replaced them with MZYRH mountain bike pedals which have wider platforms, better pins, and excellent bearings. I also ordered a new 52 volt battery because the prices are bout to go up, and my current 52 volt fame battery has a 30 amp BMS and I need a 40!

Let me know if you need any pictures!