News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Seems like I'm getting the runaround...

Started by baymoon, July 16, 2021, 02:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

baymoon

My wife's RadCity ST battery died over a month ago. The bike was still in warranty, so, after I completed a few tests to confirm the problem, the Rad Power support team authorized a replacement battery. This was on June 18. On June 24 I received notification that the order for the battery had been placed. I was given a FedEx tracking number... and nothing has happened since. According to FedEx, the a label was generated, but the battery  has not left the Rad Power warehouse.

I've called several times to see when it would ship.
My wife has called twice.
I have written a couple emails.

--I've been told that the delay could be due to Covid (not sure what that meant, since the battery was in their warehouse.
--I was told to contact FedEx, but they say the package was never scanned by them, so nothing they can do.
--I've been told that since Lithium batteries are classified as hazardous material, they take longer to ship, which I don't dispute, but not almost a month, especially since I was told that a number of batteries were in stock.

And if I were to buy a battery from their website, it says that 7-10 days is the standard time between ordering and shipping.

So I can come to no other conclusion but that there was some kind of mix-up at the warehouse and no one has made the effort to get to the bottom of it, even if it means cancelling that order and re-ordering the battery.

At my wits' end...anybody have any suggestions?

dpbel

Not too sure if this has anything to do with Batteries as much as it has our bikes ordered in May, but came across this article. Shipping from China has been relatively slow for all ebike mfg's since all but 5 brands are made in the US, RAD NOT being one of them.

https://myeverettnews.com/2021/07/13/rad-power-bikes-uses-port-of-everett-to-solve-shipping-delays/

Rad Power bikes are designed in Seattle, Washington, and manufactured in China.

baymoon

A label was created on June 24 at their warehouse in Sumner Washington, so this battery was not shipping from China.

Widgets

Their shipping priorities and communication are hard to understand. I was waiting for the front basket to be in stock to make an accessory order. I finally gave up and placed the order. I received the tracking number for the order. A week later, the front basket was in stock and I placed a second order, and received the tracking number. The basket was picked up by FedEx before the first order.