Author Topic: Premium headlight modification with front rack  (Read 57947 times)

Salmon660

• View Profile
Premium headlight modification with front rack
« on: March 25, 2021, 03:23:59 PM »
I am not a fan of the premium light (I prefer overall illumination to the tight beam scope the premium has) especially when I found out it didn't work with the front rack. I happened to have bought a Lezyne E-bike light by mistake when I thought it was a bicycle light. It so happened to have a mounting rack that just barely worked to get the light under the front rack. I am changing to a different light but for now this works:

Ironman

• View Profile
Re: Premium headlight modification with front rack
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 05:42:50 PM »
Better solution here...
https://youtu.be/kJjPonetvus

Salmon660

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 06:40:25 PM »
I have a milk crate on the front rack so it would block the handlebar mount. Looking for a different smaller light altogether though.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 12:28:47 PM »
Curious if anyone else has solutions here. With our RadWagon 4 and the front rack I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to put on the premium headlight or stick with the stock one.

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 12:51:38 PM »
Curious if anyone else has solutions here. With our RadWagon 4 and the front rack I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to put on the premium headlight or stick with the stock one.

Ryan, you might get some benefit from my reply #6 in this thread, which meandered onto headlights: https://www.radowners.com/index.php?topic=1132.msg5687#new
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Mostviertel50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 02:33:24 AM »
Hello from Austria,

i have mounted the premium headlight with the normal mounting like the picture, works fine.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum