Author Topic: Bag For Mini Rear Rack  (Read 8910 times)

Dave S

• View Profile
Bag For Mini Rear Rack
« on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:19 AM »
Newby looking for a bag for the rear rack on my just ordered Mini 4. I didn't see one that looked like it would fit on the Rad web site.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave S

erik

• View Profile
Re: Bag For Mini Rear Rack
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »
I got one of these:  https://amzn.to/2TGa0UA

Just remember it's one more thing you have to swing your leg over to get on the bike.   ::)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:14:58 PM by Ryan »

Dave S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
I got one of these:  https://amzn.to/3puTYJ7

Just remember it's one more thing you have to swing your leg over to get on the bike.   ::)

Hi Erik

Could you possibly post a picture of your Topeak bag on your mini. I've been looking at that bag but wondering how well it fits on the Rad rack (waiting for my rack to arrive.) I'm also thinking of using the MTX version of that bag with Topeak's Omni Quicktrack Adapter. I think I read somewhere on this forum that the adapter had been successfully used on the mini rack.

Thanks
Dave S

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:16:15 PM by Ryan »

erik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »
Dave S, I'm sorry but I'm away from home on a camping trip until about April 5th, and the Rad Mini is not with me to take a photo of.  It does strap on quite securely, as I recall.

erik

cvflowe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 07:45:44 PM »
Hi!

For my Rad mini, I went with the Topeak bag and the MTX adapter from Cascade.

https://www.cascademanufacturing.com/products/rad-topeak-bag-adapters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SergeL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 10:45:39 PM »
I had a Topeak MTX bag that I was using on another bike. On a lucky break, I got a (hard to come across) rear carrier for my RadMini ST2. I managed to find an Omni Quicktrack Adapter and, finding inspiration from other posts on forums, fitted the adapter to the rear carrier.

Basically, two tie wraps to hold the adapter down. I have also used tie wraps underneath to help centre the adapter (later changed to sturdier, tie wraps)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 10:54:34 PM by SergeL »

pehayes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 03:37:09 PM »
I'm handy and I was able to fabricate some extra mounting to put the ToPeak receiver onto my RadMini rack.  The ToPeak bag is very handy to have the side panniers fold out as necessary.

Patrick

Jack Ducan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 08:08:47 PM »
I got a Lixada trunk bag, I have been using it every day for about 6 months and I love it! This bag is more prominent on the inside than I thought it would be. I love the extra pockets on the outside. Easy to strap on with the wide Velcro straps. I think it is valuable to buy.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 08:08:47 PM »