News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Cloud 9 New Post?

Started by Mkelley444, March 20, 2021, 09:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mkelley444

Bought a cloud 9 seat. It looks like I'll need a new post as well, is this true? Any post recommendations?

mengelma

I used the existing post on my Rover 5.  I do remember it was a bit fiddly to get to work (it was a while ago). 

Altema

You should be able to use the original seat post, unless you have a RadRunner. I use a Cloud 9 Cruiser Select Airflow on my RadMini with a suspension post, but it worked with the original seat post just as well.

If you have the RadRunner, you will need to replace the post and use an adapter shim if I recall correctly.

wkindred

Quote from: Altema on March 26, 2021, 08:53:48 AM
You should be able to use the original seat post, unless you have a RadRunner. I use a Cloud 9 Cruiser Select Airflow on my RadMini with a suspension post, but it worked with the original seat post just as well.

If you have the RadRunner, you will need to replace the post and use an adapter shim if I recall correctly.

no shim needed if a 27.2mm seat post is used with the radrunner 1.

jbfoster

On my Cloud 9 seat I had to use a clamp to get it to fit on my RadRover 5. The two bars on the seat are a tad bit to wide.

Jim

RKeeb

I just installed a Cloud 9 Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel, Tri-color Black from Amazon.  The rails were about 1/16" too wide for the Rad Rover seat clamp.  I just used a large C clamp to hold rails a little closer together while installing the Rad Rover clamp.  Wasn't much of an issue and really like the new saddle.