News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rover bottom bracket spindle broke at 3 miles - help?

Started by franklinohrtman@gmail.com, March 18, 2021, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

franklinohrtman@gmail.com

12 March 21 - FEDEX delivered new RAD Rover
13 March 21 - assembled and rode RAD Rover 3 miles and bottom bracket spindle sheared off along with crank arm
13 March 21 - posted to RAD support  web site news of this breakage with photos asking for help (see attached)
15 March 21 - called RAD support, spoke with Sherrie who told me her senior advisor would get replacement parts out to me
18 March 21 - called RAD support, spoke with Jennifer who told me they had no parts and that her supervisor would call me back later that day (did not happen)
18 March 21 - sent LinkedIn messages to Mike Radenbaugh and TyCollins at RAD describing the breakage with photos asking for a solution

Any ideas on how to get RAD to observe their warranty?

Veggyhed

Do you have any updates?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

mtngrl

Wow, sorry to hear that. FedEx seems to beat these boxes quite a bit. I watched, horrified, as their driver cartwheeled my bike off the back of their truck, allowing it to slam to the ground rather than use the truck's hydraulic lift. Sadly, the bike was indeed damaged. Next delivery - I made it obvious that I was video taping the bike being unloaded from the truck, which resulted in much better handling. That said, it would appear that much could go on behind the scenes that is damaging bikes during transport.

Rad was awesome in handling the issue for me. Just be persistent - and courteous - and I'm sure they'll get you rolling ASAP.

robzkombi

Wow that's too bad especially after only 3 miles...Hope Rad Power addresses the issue, good luck.

Luckily our two R-Rover 5's shipping boxes had minor shipping damage, cant say the same for our other three Rad Runners. Got home only to find the boxes up against our front door with considerable amount of what looked like kicking damage and the third box laying with the writing "If you can read this please turn me over" print facing up... unbelievable ...no obvious damage but still. Now I know why Rad Power add so much foam and zip ties.

sc00ter

FedEx just pulled the my 'Runner box out of the truck and it slammed down on the front/fork area. Wife heard a loud bang outside and went to investigate. No damage so I got lucky. When the 'Mini ST was delivered the FedEx driver knocked on the door before unloading. He said he was making sure someone was home. All good as I helped him unload it. Both boxes looked fine after their trips across the country. And I'm sure Rad will make the broken spindle right. Keep us posted.

Altema

Seems odd that they would say "no parts", but Rad is usually excellent in terms of warranty and support. I'd call them back after a couple days.