News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Mounting the large basket parallel to the bike (non-wagon models)?

Started by indy_ghost, April 19, 2021, 10:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

indy_ghost

Has anyone tried modding the bike in some way to allow for this? I'm getting my RadCity later this week and I'm guessing the issue is there's not enough space behind the back seat. I wondered if I could mount a piece of wood on the back and then put two more holes in the wood so the basket can be mounted parallel. I like the basket and can probably live with it mounted perpendicular, but i'd prefer it look a bit more streamlined and it also seems like parallel would be less in the way.

Edit - looked up the size and maybe it's just too much of an overhang over the back of the rack. Looks like it would poke out about 6-7 inches. Still curious if anyone has tried it.

*Just did maybe my 10th search on this and it looks like this person did it, but it's a post on a random image site (also added as an attachment):

https://line.17qq.com/articles/qmfqfshfsy_p2.html

Looks like they maybe just added some holes to the basket.

sc00ter

You can make anything work. I have a 33 (or 35) liter SHAD motorcycle trunk on the back of my 'Runner. Was going to do a basket but if I get caught in the rain my backpack gets soaked. Plus if I stop I can lock my trunk. I have a Cascade Topeak plate on the 'Mini ST and got the folding milk crate thing with the wheels for shopping. Flat when not in use yet nice and sturdy when open. You'll love your Rad, trust me! My commute is 14 miles each way. I purchased an extra charger and leave it at my desk. Got tired of carrying the charger back and forth.

indy_ghost

Quote from: sc00ter on April 19, 2021, 02:53:53 PM
You can make anything work. I have a 33 (or 35) liter SHAD motorcycle trunk on the back of my 'Runner. Was going to do a basket but if I get caught in the rain my backpack gets soaked. Plus if I stop I can lock my trunk. I have a Cascade Topeak plate on the 'Mini ST and got the folding milk crate thing with the wheels for shopping. Flat when not in use yet nice and sturdy when open. You'll love your Rad, trust me! My commute is 14 miles each way. I purchased an extra charger and leave it at my desk. Got tired of carrying the charger back and forth.

Yeah, I'm going to see how it goes with the charger. I'll take it with me at first (another reason for the basket), but I'm hoping I can get there and back on one charge.

Got the bike now, so after looking at it, I think using a board seems like the best, easiest solution. I think I'd need to drill into the bike frame otherwise and I'm reluctant to do that.