News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radmini creates drag while coasting

Started by nuthatch, May 15, 2020, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

nuthatch

Hi - A friend bought a Radmini this spring and has a problem with it slowing down going down hill - The brakes are not dragging - It will not coast above 25 mph no matter what he does - He called Radpower bikes and got very little help - He was told to take a video of it happening - They suggested to him the possibility that the bearings in the motor may need to loosen up - Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? - Thanks in advance

Fisher65

Just posted on exactly this topic.
https://www.radowners.com/index.php?topic=790.msg3919#msg3919

I think it´s normal. My 2018 Radwagon has done this since new and I think it´s the way the controller is programmed. Just what it´s doing I´m not sure as when you get this drag going downhill it does not seem to be regenerating energy into the battery.

Veggyhed

I have a mini 4 2020 and there is only one long hill that I come down and I normally hit 27 mph coasting. I don't remember feeling drag but also I never try to get it above 27 mph. I would say I'd go try it right now but we have ice and snow on the ground.
I would imagine they would have to be some drag from the back wheel. If you have it up on a workstand or upside down and you spend that wheel there is some drag.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

steevwatson

I have a Mini 4 and I have one big hill that I commute down daily.  I need to be careful I don't exceed the the 30mph speed limit when coasting so it definitely sounds like something is up.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk