News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

seat set back

Started by Marsha Bradcoe, February 06, 2021, 10:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Marsha Bradcoe

Hello all
      I'm 67 and overweight and I need to move the seat farther back than adjustments allow.
I had an Electra super deluxe cruiser. it had what they called forward sprocket design. the pedal sprocket was 3 or more inches ahead of the seat post tube. it was so comfy.
     Since moving sprocket isn't an option. I need to move the seat back about 3 or 4 inches.
  has anybody done this or found a suitable set-back seat post????

Veggyhed

Have you tried moving the saddle back on the rails. You won't get 3 in but you'll get some extra space

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

George3

I am not sure what RAD bike you own, however, if you have moved the seat as far back as possible as you state and you still need a bit more adjustment, you might consider a suspension seat post. This will do two things, first it will provide you with a bit more cushion on the seat itself thereby perhaps making any seat a bit more comfortable and it will give you a bit, about an inch, more play to move the seat back.  I know that is not much.

Here is the suspension seat post which you can get from RAD.

https://bit.ly/3dlCw5Z

I know it's a bit pricey.  Another option is to take your bike to a bike shop and they may be able to help you and may have a better idea to get you comfortable.

George

Tony

Yes, I've just fitted that seat post and it does move your seat back.

Tony

George3

Quote from: Tony on February 12, 2021, 08:00:04 AM
Yes, I've just fitted that seat post and it does move your seat back.

WoW...is that not what I said?