News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Looking for used motor for Rad Runner

Started by pisenhower, July 08, 2021, 06:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

pisenhower

Unfortunately my kid ruined his motor.  Has anyone upgraded their stock motor and are looking to sell it?  I'm in CA.
Thanks!
Pat

Corbin Wolf

Bolton bikes just began a website to sell ebikes and parts. They may have what you are looking for.

https://ebikesearch.com/

Out of curiosity,  how did your kid destroy his motor? That's a pretty epic feat.

I have a complete rear wheel I can sell up in WA state. Unsure of pricing and shipping though, would rather sell as a complete set rather then take out the motor.

pisenhower

Hi!  How much are you thinking for the whole thing?  My dad lives in Spokane, he could probably get it from you.

I've attached a couple of photos of the wheel. The story behind it is when I received my Runner March 2020 the motor was making a ticking noise around 15 mph. After making sure the wheel was install correctly, replacing the controller (2 of those for sale if anyone is looking) Rad sent me a new wheel. When I did the Bolton Upgrade in July of last year I put the new motor in the wheel with the bad motor thus giving me a complete rear wheel setup. Probably has 300 miles on it.

Besides the extra controllers I also have a lcd screen I can sell if anyone is interested.

I'll send you a pm with the price.

phil2kx

Quote from: 992023515 on July 11, 2021, 10:16:11 AM
I've attached a couple of photos of the wheel. The story behind it is when I received my Runner March 2020 the motor was making a ticking noise around 15 mph. After making sure the wheel was install correctly, replacing the controller (2 of those for sale if anyone is looking) Rad sent me a new wheel. When I did the Bolton Upgrade in July of last year I put the new motor in the wheel with the bad motor thus giving me a complete rear wheel setup. Probably has 300 miles on it.

Besides the extra controllers I also have a lcd screen I can sell if anyone is interested.

I'll send you a pm with the price.

Are the extra controllers original RadRunner US controllers? I'm thinking about switching my European controller to a US one and I don't want / need the Bolton upgrade (don't need that much power and want to keep my RadRunner LCD upgrade).
Anyone did this on an EU RadRunner? Since the Bolton controllers work on an EU RadRunner the original should also work, right?

lizard32

If you are looking for US RAD controllers, I have 2.  I upgraded the controllers and display on two radrunner plus bikes about 2 months ago.   The controllers and displays are brand new.   They might have a mile or 2 on them.   send me a message if you would like to purchase.

Not sure a US controller will give you a boost. The EU rad site list the runner with a 250 watt motor. I guess you would have to open the motor up to look.

phil2kx

Quote from: 992023515 on July 11, 2021, 03:31:32 PM
Not sure a US controller will give you a boost. The EU rad site list the runner with a 250 watt motor. I guess you would have to open the motor up to look.

It's the same motor. Just limited by software / a different controller.
But anyway, I drove my new RadRunner today and it's awesome. Even with the limited EU version. Until now  I drove a rather expensive E-Bike with a Bosch Performance Line CX motor - forget about it. The RadRunner feels much faster, has a better acceleration and makes a lot more fun!
So currently no need for an US controller. But thank you guys. If I change my mind I'll come back to you.