News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner conical steerer spacer replacement?

Started by clarity, February 20, 2021, 07:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

clarity

Conical steerer spacer on the radrunner is about double the length of some of the other rad bikes, I'm looking for a shorter spacer, any info appreciated. I talked to tech support, asked if they could sell me one of the shorter spacers, no luck, new rad owner, I'm  disappointed with the small number of replacement  parts the company has.

the long conical spacer on the runner

the shorter conical spacer I want thats on the rover

clarity

Couldn't edit my post above so....I found some similar looking conical spacers online but can't tell if they'll work, no specs/sizes listed, any info anywhere?  thanks again, Brian

Veggyhed

I would probably go talk to somebody in a bike shop and see what they have to say. Maybe take the spaces off and measure them. Maybe you can cut them down

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

clarity

Found a lot by searching for "Tapered Headset Spacer" rather than conical, problem is they all ship from China, I'll keep looking for one that ships from the USA.

clarity

This is what I was looking for, Bolton ebikes sells the ones at the bottom but only as part of a replacement headset, $15. For a short ride(my wife) the hugely high rise bars that come with the bike make riding/controlling the bike a bit sketchy.

clarity

The post above should be "For a short rider(my wife)..."  I hit the modify button to edit the post but nothing happens, what do I need to do?