News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Power Bikes $150 Million Investment

Started by Ryan, February 04, 2021, 03:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Rad landed a huge investment after raising $25 million last year. Here's what I think: https://ebikeescape.com/rad-power-bikes-raises-150-million/

Curious what others think (or if you don't care  :) )

fin_rad

I think the change has finally happened. Even the so called average buyers have started to believe and trust in electric vehicles. Many stories how ebikes have helped people to start exercising again. How they have saved money after changing their car to an ebike. And like said among the other manufacturers Rad Power Bikes have made ebikes available to more people by affortable pricing and a good support network.

Before I hardly bicycled at all, now I made over 2400 km on the first year with my RadRhino - even on the cold and snowy winter months which I have not done ever before!

Altema

I'm happy for them, and hope they innovate without losing their focus on affordable bikes. I don't know that a "super" or halo bike would be a good idea, as it will likely attract customers who are not interested in their everyday offerings. Rad has no off-road specific bikes, or dual motor bikes for camping fans. There's more to be done in accessories, like a Rad trailer or range extenders. The RadRunner is a perfect bike for a slip in range extender under the rear rack, and it could be completely modular. Decreasing shipping times could be helped by East and West distribution centers, but those would still be held back by supply chain issues. I suspect that demand will be less intense after the pandemic, but will remain higher than pre-pandemic times. Being an inventor and engineer, I'm somewhat tempted to send them a resume...

utahrpm

Quote from: Ryan on February 04, 2021, 03:25:42 PM
Rad landed a huge investment after raising $25 million last year. Here's what I think: https://ebikeescape.com/rad-power-bikes-raises-150-million/

As a prospective first e-bike buyer I absolutely care, so thanks for sharing the links! And thanks for the your perspective on potential updates to the Rad Rover 5. My research indicates that the Himiway Cruiser seems to be superior in power and range for less $$$ but their distribution, and especially customer service and warranty support appears to be sorely lacking so I've decided on the Rad. As a lifetime motorcyclist and bicyclist I want the most performance that I can get at this price-point so I'm willing to wait for a possible update to the 5 and risk supply problems. Hopefully making the right decision to wait. I can keep pedaling in the meantime (he tells himself🤣).

Veggyhed

On the podcast how I built this there is an interview with the founder of rad power how we got started. It was really good to hear things on the founder's own words.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Altema

Quote from: utahrpm on February 08, 2021, 10:09:13 AM
Quote from: Ryan on February 04, 2021, 03:25:42 PM

As a prospective first e-bike buyer I absolutely care, so thanks for sharing the links! And thanks for the your perspective on potential updates to the Rad Rover 5. My research indicates that the Himiway Cruiser seems to be superior in power and range for less $$$ but their distribution, and especially customer service and warranty support appears to be sorely lacking so I've decided on the Rad. As a lifetime motorcyclist and bicyclist I want the most performance that I can get at this price-point so I'm willing to wait for a possible update to the 5 and risk supply problems. Hopefully making the right decision to wait. I can keep pedaling in the meantime (he tells himself🤣).
If you are a bicyclist, you will appreciate the natural pedal assist and refined smoothness of the Rad. E-bike controllers (the part that manages power delivery) are cheap, and it's rare to find one as well sorted as Rad has done. The first time I tried an alternative controller for my bike, I thought I was riding with the Addams Family because "Lurch" was always there! I do like the Himiway (especially the wood rack insert), but quality control has been an issue.