News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bottle holder?

Started by Craichouse, January 15, 2021, 07:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Russ61

I pondered using the MRI-Denver, Cascade, and then found the GZila Designs unit which I got. Fortunately he'd just revised the design to include an extra pair of holes on the tiltable arms. I use it and 2 Blackburn Mtn Bike cages to SECURELY hold any of several sets of Polar Insulated water bottles including 24 fl oz bottles....extra tall. The ability with the GZila model to use any of multiple pairs of holes to mount AND angle the cages to be tilted ensures that you will clear the top of the suspension forks, pass underneath any swing of your handlebars, and be reachable by you while riding. The GZila is not the cheapest option but it appears to be VERY well made and finished with the flexibility of being custom fitted to your bike, a wide number of bottle cages, and water bottles. You can move the cages left or right, up or down, tilt to vertical or quite far backward....quite ingenious. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend to others.

Ddaybc

I ordered the Gzila bottle holder for my Radwagon 4 as I liked the design. Unfortunately I live in Canada so the price, with shipping, was about $100.00 Canadian.

When it was delivered UPS wanted an additional $40.00. I told them to return it!

I had already paid for shipping and was sort of OK with nearly $100.00 as I definitely liked the design. But nearly $150.00 for a WATER BOTTLE bracket? Not going to happen!

Mooree

Looking for some sturdy cages for my mountain bike, and these Ibera IB-BC5 bike water bottle holders don't disappoint! I've tried many cages over the years, stainless steel, titanium, aluminum alloy, and carbon fiber, but none of these worked as consistently as the Ibera. If you use a variety of bottles of different shapes and sizes, the ability to adjust the flex and tension of the cage arms makes this a truly one-size-fits-all.

Eric7

I find riding any long lengths that the bottle holder is beating up the bottles.  I used to have metal bottle holders.  When the bottle fills with water, the bottle jumps up and down over the bumps and after 30 miles they are all scratched up.  It is fine with me - the bottles are still useful - they just look all beat up.

Is this a common experience?

Or is this just me and I am doing something wrong?

ericwn

Quote from: Eric7 on May 13, 2022, 11:29:45 AM
I find riding any long lengths that the bottle holder is beating up the bottles.  I used to have metal bottle holders.  When the bottle fills with water, the bottle jumps up and down over the bumps and after 30 miles they are all scratched up.  It is fine with me - the bottles are still useful - they just look all beat up.

Is this a common experience?

Or is this just me and I am doing something wrong?
That's my experience as well. Other manufacturers sometimes has special water bottle systems on offer, like Riese & Müller, where the bottle is clipped into place - the solution there would be to just buy one of their bikes then ;)

Personally, I don't mind a beaten up water bottle.