News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Does anyone use their bike for hunting

Started by Deercutter, October 10, 2021, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Deercutter

I would like to buy a Rad rover 6 . I would use it for hunting and I'm worried about cleaning after getting it muddy. How would it hold up and how to clean with out damaging the electrical.

DCH3416

You know it's funny. I just had my Rad City out on a trail in the woods today. Got back home, washed it off, oiled up the chain and stuck it back in the garage.

I see a lot of folks out here use rovers for fishing as well.

Just don't drown 'em.

TurboEnchilada

Honestly, I've thought about trying with my RR6 but living in north Idaho I'd say I'd need to upgrade to a 35a-45a controller before I could do it just from a weight capacity standpoint. I would feel comfortable using my bike, especially if I were to get a Radwagon 4 and upgrade the controller, or hook on a small trailer.

I think if you're going for white tail or bigger you need to go for a middrive, anything smaller definitely wouldn't be a problem just weight may be an issue depending on how mountainous your area is. I do feel I have enough space for a gun/bow rack though.

From a mud and grime standpoint. Juliette connectors, at least in my experience, are incredibly resistant to moisture, mud, dust, and dirt. There's plenty where I'm at and I've yet had any issues. I just give it a rinse with a garden hose on the frame and wheels, give the whole thing a wipe down with a shammy, and regrease my chain.

Last thing, and most important. Go to a fabricator/metal shop and have them make a metal bash guard for the bottom of the frame to cover the crank area and wires. If you drop onto a rock you'll likely destroy the cables.

TL:DR
50lbs or more go for a middrive/upgraded controller and a trailer. Anything smaller shouldn't be an issue. Mud, moisture, and grime hasn't been a problem yet for me in North Idaho. Get a metal guard for the bottom of your frame to protect the cables.

ericwn

Quote from: TurboEnchilada on October 22, 2021, 07:12:57 PM
Honestly, I've thought about trying with my RR6 but living in north Idaho I'd say I'd need to upgrade to a 35a-45a controller before I could do it just from a weight capacity standpoint. I would feel comfortable using my bike, especially if I were to get a Radwagon 4 and upgrade the controller, or hook on a small trailer.

I think if you're going for white tail or bigger you need to go for a middrive, anything smaller definitely wouldn't be a problem just weight may be an issue depending on how mountainous your area is. I do feel I have enough space for a gun/bow rack though.

From a mud and grime standpoint. Juliette connectors, at least in my experience, are incredibly resistant to moisture, mud, dust, and dirt. There's plenty where I'm at and I've yet had any issues. I just give it a rinse with a garden hose on the frame and wheels, give the whole thing a wipe down with a shammy, and regrease my chain.

Last thing, and most important. Go to a fabricator/metal shop and have them make a metal bash guard for the bottom of the frame to cover the crank area and wires. If you drop onto a rock you'll likely destroy the cables.

TL:DR
50lbs or more go for a middrive/upgraded controller and a trailer. Anything smaller shouldn't be an issue. Mud, moisture, and grime hasn't been a problem yet for me in North Idaho. Get a metal guard for the bottom of your frame to protect the cables.
Having a Wagon 4 even with suspension seatpost and cloud 9 saddle I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it off-road much, the ride is just too harsh for that.