News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tires on new mini

Started by dmann, January 04, 2021, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

I received my Mini Step-Thru in March and like you I had my doubts about the CST Big Boat tires and tread, but I have to say I like them very much.  They are puncture-resistant, but I hit 'em with Slime anyway and they are holding 30 psi pressure very well after 150 miles, including a lot of simple trails with rocks and smallish thorns.  They are fine on packed dirt and gravel trails and very nice on pavement.  Quiet as well and less rolling resistance than a knobby tread.

I'd live with them for a while and see if you feel the same about them; you can always order and install the Kenda knobbies - I've decided not to do that for now as I start to rack up the miles and hours on the Big Boats.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

JimInPT

Quote from: 2wheeler on February 12, 2021, 11:45:26 PMI have installed 35 amp controllers and color displays on both the Radmini and the Radrover models.

Was that the standard Mini or StepThru, and which controller mod did you use?  I have the StepThru and have yet to hear about anybody squeezing a new controller into that model, but I suppose it's possible.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.