News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Pabst Blue Ribbon????

Started by sc00ter, December 16, 2020, 08:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

sc00ter

The new Rad collaboration is truly weird. I rarely drink and if I do its beer. Never cared for Pabst. Quick story on Pabst. I was at an Agent Orange concert and it was "sponsored" by Pabst. A friend at work loves that beer and wanted one of the free beer cozies you got with a tall boy can purchase. So I got a Blue Ribbon just for the beer cozy. Then, because I was already drinking better beer I decided to at least finish the Blue Ribbon. It gave me super bad gas! I cut one at the side of the stage and the singer called the fart smell out! It was horrible, both the beer and farts! The singer remembered my fart when I showed up for another concert 2 years later! I'm the fart guy! Just add Pabst! My friend really loves her beer cozy! What other weird "sponsors" have you seen?

George3

A rather weird collaboration in my opinion and Pabst beer of all brands.  Just seems totally out of place and character for a Seattle based bike company with an emphasis on Seattle.  Do you think they even tried the beer before embarking on this endeavor?

CynicalZombie

Ryan

I agree it seemed a bit odd. I speculate that this partnership is aimed at attracting a different, younger demographic - with an emphasis on the RadMission single-speed. I wrote about it here: https://ebikeescape.com/rad-power-bikes-pabst/

CynicalZombie

Do younger people even drink Pabst Blue Ribbon?  lol

A Harley/Miller Beer collaboration makes sense... 2 Milwaukee heavy weights, but Rad and Pabst?  lol

Altema

Drinking and riding... what could possibly go wrong?   😂

George3

Yes... what could go wrong except for the fact that one displays great taste in bikes, while displaying horrible taste in beer....

Perhaps we should not worry too much. Certainly no one really drinks that stuff......

Altema

Quote from: George3 on December 17, 2020, 04:51:19 PM

Yes... what could go wrong except for the fact that one displays great taste in bikes, while displaying horrible taste in beer....

Perhaps we should not worry too much. Certainly no one really drinks that stuff......
Good point, and I literally laughed out loud at that.

Bhegg

Yes, some people love PBR. I haven't had a drop in almost a year but Bud was my go to for cheap beer.

I gotta hand it to the Pabst brand though -- their marketing has been very successful in breathing new life into the brand.

Indeed, an odd collaboration but surely it's an attempt at promoting Rad to a younger crowd as someone else mentioned. The FB group seems to be frequented most by the AARP folks and if the bikes help them be more active, great! I bought mine to serve somewhat as a car replacement.