News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Speedometer / Tracking App Suggestions?

Started by spyder918, December 12, 2020, 12:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

spyder918

Curious what speed or tracking apps you guys are using that you like?
I'm on an Android device btw and looking for some cool/useful apps when riding.

BobsRadPowerBike

I like 'Geo Tracker- GPS tracker' ...an Android app. by Iya B. I use it to archive route and ride statistics rather than to monitor speed.

"My longest mileage ride was in the mid 30's with not much battery left. The pedal assist settings I use for longer rides (30+) are
a_ mostly on level#2
b_ level#1 on moderate downgrades or some flat sections
c_ level#3 on moderate uphills
d_ level#4 or throttle only when needed on steeper hills
e_ glide sometimes when it can

For this 220 lb rider I get 7+ to 8 miles on the first battery bar on pedal assist level#2 (weather temperature in the mid 40s F)."

Altema

MapMyRide is a decent one, and if you have a smartwatch, you can run it from your wrist.

The pros are:
Smartwatch support
Accurate data logging
Elevation, speed, and heart rate graphs
Maps that show your exact route

Cons are:
Ads if you use the free version, but they are small.
The watch app needs to be told you are cycling sometimes.
Starting the workout in front of your house, and sharing it, will give others the location of you house and bike.
When you pause a workout, it's not smart enough to restart when you resume riding. You have to resume manually.
The watch app has crashed a few times, but my phone kept logging and saved the ride.
If you ride in a loop, like a park, and start in the exact spot, it may think the data is a duplicate and only log one lap.

There's other apps out there, and I may check out the one Bob mentions.

spyder918

I'll have to try these...thanks for the suggestions!

Veggyhed

I was using endomondo about the developers are retiring the app at the end of this month so I am also looking for a new app for Android. I'll have to give these apps a shot. Thank you

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ryan

If you ever just need a GPS speedometer I really like Speedometer from CoolNiks (I use it in my videos).