News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Has anyone wired a sine wave controller into a Rad bike?

Started by Altema, December 07, 2020, 05:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

They are similar to the controllers offered by Bolton and Electro Bike World, but are quieter and more efficient, which is exactly what I'm looking for.
However, they are not plug and play, and come with collection of different connectors. However I'm good with soldering and figured everything out, except for the hall effect wiring. Do the Bafang motors use a standard color scheme for the 5 hall effect wires? I cannot seem to find a reliable wiring diagram.

Mountaintrails

450 to 750 dollars to remove the motor hum. Looks like a lot of trouble and cost to me. I would contact Rad for a wiring diagram. Good luck.

Altema

Quote from: Mountaintrails on December 10, 2020, 05:43:46 AM
450 to 750 dollars to remove the motor hum. Looks like a lot of trouble and cost to me. I would contact Rad for a wiring diagram. Good luck.
Some of the controllers are less than $100, but the better ones can get up there in price. Sine wave controller are quieter, but also more efficient under load, and some can optimize the electronic angle of the stator coils on the fly. With winter here, quietness is less of an issue at the moment, but it would be nice not to keep switching controllers depending on if I'm riding through silent woods with pedestrians, or need all 1,600 watts for mountain bike trails.